anyone know a thing or 2 about wireless internet?

slickhare

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so i'm using wireless internet on my laptop. and i've always had this problem where it will randomly disconnect and reconnect to a network, even if there is only one network to connect to. this poses a huge problem because i can't do anything that requires my connection to remain intact without huge risk. so i was wondering if there was any way to fix this?

Never had that problem. Is it on all networks?

First thing you might try is to check and update your wireless card driver.

Oh and you know there is a version of the GIMP that is made to be more like photoshop (www.gimpshop.net)

whardman said:
What OS are you using? Do you have any special software installed?

EDIT: Or do the above.

I should probably join that ... I could help.

i'm using Windows XP home

wireless its one of the great misteries of the modern world

Wireless tends to do that. I can be 4 feet from my router and it'll occasionally disconnect. It's just the way things work when there isn't a hardwired connection.

hey dude, this use to happen to me on campus back when wireless was a brand new exciting thing (now its everywhere and we take it for granted). But the solution was to go into one of the properties menus in your wireless network, and click something that says "authorize", or "demand authorization" or something to that extent. You want that box to be unselected (so you arent authorizing).

Sorry I can't be more specific, its been like 2 years since I had to do that...

Most reactions

Back