anyone know how to reduce noise using PS?

apples

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took some photos at high ISO and was wondering if you guys know any tricks to reducing noise using photoshop. help is appreciated!

I'm afraid I can;t be of much help since I don't have photoshop.
I wish I did.
I can offer this. There are a number of noise removal programs out there.
Topaz for one. Noise Ninja, lightroom, and the three of these are available for 30 day trials.
I cannot guarantee that they don't leave watermarks during the trial.
I would assume that they probably don't.
Lightroom, when I first used it on a trial basis, did not leave any type of marking on the final product.

edit: LightRoom is not a noise removal program. It does have a noise removal feature that works reasonably well.

If you'd like to send me your file, preferably the digital negative, I'll see what I can do for you.

Filters > Reduce Noise, or depending on the picture you could use a brush and use blur on some areas. There's some really decent 3rd party filters for reducing noise too, like Noiseware, or Noise Ninja.

Adobe Camera Raw noise reduction works really well

+2 for ACR.

It provides all the noise reduction I need, even up to low light 3200 ISOs.

---Chris

thanks, i'll be trying some of those techniques out.

currently im not seeing a big diff when i use the noise reducer on ACR (probably because its 6400 ISO :grumpy:) so ill try some filters.

thanks

thanks, i'll be trying some of those techniques out.

currently im not seeing a big diff when i use the noise reducer on ACR (probably because its 6400 ISO :grumpy:) so ill try some filters.

thanks

Adjust the Luminance slider, you should see huge differences.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back