Anyone know of a website/bulletin board where photographers search for travel companions?

Philmar

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I probably should have asked this years ago...I often dream of going for month long trips to photograph places like Iceland, Namibia or Utah/Nevada but as a single traveler (my wife's passion for travel photography is zero) the cost of car rental and accommodation puts me off. Instead, I rationalize that someday I'll meet a group of likeminded people interested in the same which would significantly the cost. BUT, this day never comes. I know there are ridiculously priced workshops out there but I am not interested in those. I am quite capable of creating an itinerary and arranging my own accommodation for free. So, I wonder if there are websites where photographers interested in pooling resources can meet to arrange photo travels together.

NB> If this is in the wrong board please move

Great idea. If you find something let me know. I’m going on a workshop type trip this summer because of similar reasons. Got tired of trying to combine family trips with photo trips. It doesn’t work!

Have you tried “Meet up”. On that site are hundreds of groups to join. There might be what you are looking for, or you can create one. I don’t know the exact link but a google search will help. Isn’t one of the categories on this forum to help meet other photographers?

This is a good idea. If it doesn't exist, it could be your ticket to freedom :)

Have you tried “Meet up”. On that site are hundreds of groups to join. There might be what you are looking for, or you can create one. I don’t know the exact link but a google search will help. Isn’t one of the categories on this forum to help meet other photographers?

I have used Meet Up when I first moved out east, and it might be the right tool or at least the only one that will get close. It will depend on your area, but I was able to find many photography groups on that app.

I’m a member of several meet up groups for photographers. While I haven’t traveled with them anywhere distant, we have done many day trips and at least one overnight for a sunrise shoot a few hours away. It’s a great way to meet people with similar interests.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back