Anyone know where I can buy film negatives?

Probably - almost everything else is there.

I remember the National Park gift shops used to carry packs slides for sale. If you can't get the photo of the pretty bear or elk, then buy the slides! Maybe now, they have CDs with some stock images.
That's crazy.

Yes, Aunt & three cousins - mom's side.

Yes, Aunt & three cousins - mom's side.
Like post cards, but you didn't mail them. Some were photos from around the park (or a park), some were more humorous, like a single rainbow trout filling up a railroad flat car.

What's the digital equivalent of negatives?
Maybe a raw file or the original JPG or TIF, but I really don't think there is a direct correlation. Files can be copied by anyone, and they can look exactly like the original..

So is it common or uncommon to buy someone else's negatives? Is it like buying used underwear or what?

Rather uncommon, I'd think, at least in the past. Maybe it's more common with scanners and what not.

Note to TPF membership; we are being punked. Played for fools. Taken for a ride. Spammed.

Is anyone else growing tired of answering his questions?

Working in photo labs/stores I have collected over 1 million 35mm slides and boxes of negs. 99% I got free.

Last batch I got for free.......

Out of general curiosity do people ever sell their film negatives? If so how would you find negatives for sale? Is there like websites or is it just word of mouth?

Why would you want to buy negatives or slides?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back