Anyone learnt themselves?

I am also self taught (aside from a class in high-school with film like 10 years ago) I am new to the forum so i don't have a lot of advice. I am hoping myself to be able to post pictures up here and get feedback. If its like car forums and im sure it is there is a lot of knowledge on the sight. Going out taking pictures with other people interested and gathering feedback will help make you a better photographer.

I shoot with a Nikon, the photographer that works for me taking our product pictures shoots with canon.

The button layout and menu options are different and for me the nikon feels more accurate.

So go to a photo store and play with them in your hand and see what feels best or makes the most sense. Also if you have friends being able to borrow lenses makes it easier so find out what your friends shoot with as well. Then you can expand both your lens selections by not buying the same lenses.

I recommend buying a used body first. A lot of the times you can get a nicer camera at the same cost as a entry level camera, just make sure its in decent condition and try it out first if possible.

Self taught, the occasional book, and talking to other people with cameras.

But then again I started very young before the time of TTL-metering and all that ... which means I had many years to learn ;)

If I was just starting and had the choice between an arts course on composition and colour, or a photography course, then I would definitely take the former!

Most reactions

Back