Anyone See this??

SpeedTrap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lightart.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Samsung have unveiled a straightforward way to add wireless image transfer to cameras without it. The Nabee system uses a pair of dongles - one USB, that plugs into your PC, and another that plugs into the camera’s USB port - that can then emulate a standard USB cable for high-speed transfers up to 10m apart.

I do shoot tethered in the studio and I am not usually more than 10m away from the PC. This could be a very inexpensive way to shoot wireless to your laptop or PC without using the Nikon WT-4 Transmitter. I am sure it does not have the same range but I think this could work very well.

From what I can tell this should work with all cameras. It should be out by Christmas.......

I read about this technology a while back, it's good to know that it's coming out soon. I wonder about the speed of it, and if that might bottle neck things or not.

Unless it's 802.1N (622mb), yes it will be a major bottleneck for any camera with 3 MP or more. At 802.1G (54mb) it will easily take between 6-8 seconds per picture at 8MP levels. In any case, no matter what the speed, do not expect many pics per minute compared to writing to a local card and do not expect any buffering capabilities built-into these things, at least initially. That would raises costs a lot.

Last edited:
From what I read on this was that it can transfer up to 400mb per sec, now if it is running even at 110 mb per sec, that is fast enough for studio work. There are not many times when you would be shooting at 8 frames per second in the studio.

I agree this may not work on a sports field, but this could be a very effective option for work in the studio

this is interesting.. 400mbs. How is it that the WT-4 is only 100mbs?

what's the price of the samsung? and will it work with mac? (thought I saw PC)

Most reactions

Back