Anyone still use those old Nikon Film Cameras from the 80's

I still have a Nikon FM2 and keep it and a few rolls of Tri-X in my gear bag just in case I see something... I uses all the same lenses as my digital outfit so it doesn't take up to much room.

I haven't used Nikons for a few years but I do still regularly use my Pentax LXs and Super A.

I switched to nikon when I went digital in 2005. As the digital gear aged though it hasnt faired very well and all the digital cameras seem to have their own quirks now ranging from focusing issues to spotntarously formatting memory cards.

I went back to shooting almost entirely film this year, and have been buying a variety of Nikons when the deals were good. I stayed with semi-automatic cameras though, and have been somewhat unimpressed. It seems to me that as they added more gadgets to the cameras, they werent as well built. specifally the winders. I plan on trying to put a winder on my N90 and probably try out an F100 before i give up on autofocus cameras of this genre.

I long for the days of being able to tap the winder and feel the film pulling through. not to mention double exposure possibilities, cable releases (with cables not wires)

I also think my shots were sharper using MF back in the day.

I still get more usable images on a shoot than the guys next to me with the digitals, but theyre genreally much younger an less experienced, as I do more now by habit than they have ever had a chance to practice.

Most reactions

Back