anyone use the gimp program?

cpelsy2k1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All,

I was trying to play around with this program i got thats very similar to photoshop the other night called the gimp. Has anyone ever used this software? Here is the link:

http://www.gimp.org/

Its a free program and it seems to have alot of options, just curious if anyone uses it, if not you might want to check it out yourself!

Yup... Used to use it all the time before I took digital more seriously and purchased a photoshop license. Its quite a nice package for open source.

there's Film Gimp as well... I believe it was used to animate scooby in the movie.

For those of us running Mac OS X, there's a gimp distro for you too... gotta load X server/client though.

I've been using it for about 3 days now... thanks to Darin :hug::
It works perfect, I absolutely love it. Except it takes time to get used to it after already being used to PS. But the help files are indeed helpful. ;)

Alexandra said:
Except it takes time to get used to it after already being used to PS. But the help files are indeed helpful. ;)
I recall there being some sort of plugin or addon that made it look like PS but I have no idea what it was called. If i rember I will let you know.

I use it exclusively. Not yet missing anything from Photoshop really.

I can't download it! i dont know why. I gave up on trying.

immski said:
I can't download it! i dont know why. I gave up on trying.
maybe you need that thing they say to download for some versions of windows... i've XP and i had to download it.

Most reactions

Back