Anyone using Lume Cubes?

Ever since opening this thread up at lunch time, I have had a craving for a Corona beer with a slice of lime...it is 8:27 pm now...

Lime cubes would be good with whipped cream on top, served in a little tan dish like they used to use in the school cafeteria.

Search traffic for "lime cubes" has gone up 31,862% in the last 24 hrs.

Do you mean lime jello shots? mmm

Getting lume cube ads in my Facebook and Instagram feeds.

I have a set of two - that I am starting to play around with. I also have one of the other brand one - I like them as they are small and portable. They are re-charageable as well. I used them on a still photo of my tulips. I do not have the image on my system here. I have the big lights but no room to place them at home since we moved - so I am liking the small ones. There is a app that can be used to control them as well - again.

I have a set of two - that I am starting to play around with. I also have one of the other brand one - I like them as they are small and portable. They are re-charageable as well. I used them on a still photo of my tulips. I do not have the image on my system here. I have the big lights but no room to place them at home since we moved - so I am liking the small ones. There is a app that can be used to control them as well - again.

As of last week I now have a set of two. One feature that is handy is they are waterproof. I have placed mine is a glass of water for and interesting effect. I keep them on mini-tripods for maximum flexibility and have them in a pocket on the outside of my bag because you never know when you need them.

Last edited:
I never did get one of these. Definitely on my Christmas list.

i don't have lume cubes, but i did buy 3 of the lume cube panel minis for toy photography. they have a decent battery life at lower power, but they only last a few minutes at full power. i like that i can adjust the color temp of the lights. a small led screen on the back gives me the power output and the temp. there's one rocker button to adjust the temp or power and one round button to switch between the two settings.

I have the lume cube air, and honestly I thought it would be more useful than it is. Even shooting decent amount of night photography, I find that it doesn't do anything that my spare headlamp can't do. I'm sure they're great for some people, but mine has just collected dust for the past couple years. I've thought about selling it, but it probably isn't worth much.

One of my biggest issues with it is that it's just something else to remember to recharge. Because I use it so infrequently, it's likely to be dead or nearly so when I actually want to pull it out. I'd far prefer something similar that takes AAA or AA batteries (like a headlamp) so that I can just keep a spare set in my bag next to it.

If anyone here wants it to play with and test out I'd let it go for super cheap. Shoot me a DM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back