Anyone with experience with SIGMA 70-200mm F2.8 Lens?

Derek Zoolander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to buy it. Anyone have good or bad experiences? It's either that or the Canon 70-200mm F4, but I'd rather have an F2.8, but the Canon version is twice as expensive as the Sigma version.

Another question...if you were to choose between a Canon 10-22mm Wide Angle Lens and the Sigma 70-200mm lens, and all you had was the kit lens and a 50mm lens, what would you choose?

Although the 10-22mm creates a lot of cool/unique photos, im leaning towards the Sigma 70-200mm because it seems i might get more use out of it...

Thanks!

I can't comment on the Sigma lens, but with respect to your question about which lens to buy, it really depends on what type of shooting you will be doing. In general, for the average hobbyist, I recommend getting a telephoto before a wide-angle simply because if you really need that extra width, you can often make it up through panoramic captures, but if you're trying to get something that's farther away, nothing but longer glass will bring it "closer".

But with the canon you get the satisfaction of owning a white lens and standing out of the crowd :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back