ANYONE....???

ratssass

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
...just wondering why i never hear anyone speak of Corel stuff.I've played with their stuff since PSP6,now have X3.It does HDR merge,but it never seems to mentioned.I'm also using Photomatix (free trial).All i see is CS3,CS5(what happened to CS4?),a few others,but nothing on Corel.I'm not a student,so CS5 just isn't possible for me,but as far as HDR,is there really a difference in a merging/tone mapping program?If I'm missing something (no surprise to me),please,enlighten me.I'm not trying to promote anything,just looking for a compelling reason to purchase any more software.
thanks
...and btw....thnx vip:thumbup:​

It is mentioned , in fact I recommend it frequently . As to HDR, I haven't tested it so I can comment on something I haven't used.

...just wondering why i never hear anyone speak of Corel stuff.I've played with their stuff since PSP6,now have X3.It does HDR merge,but it never seems to mentioned.I'm also using Photomatix (free trial).All i see is CS3,CS5(what happened to CS4?),a few others,but nothing on Corel.I'm not a student,so CS5 just isn't possible for me,but as far as HDR,is there really a difference in a merging/tone mapping program?If I'm missing something (no surprise to me),please,enlighten me.I'm not trying to promote anything,just looking for a compelling reason to purchase any more software.
thanks
...and btw....thnx vip:thumbup:

HDR applications are very different from each other. Each application uses its own unique algorithms to decides which pixels from which image get tossed or kept or modified or merged, plus a dozen or so other key parameters. There are no standards and every app has its own "magic". I can not comment much on Corel other than to say it is not the most commonly used image editing s/w after PS. Not sure where it sits in the hierarchy.
Regards, Murray

As said in the other thread most people go with what they learn to use and if for business use many businesses use adobe products so your work flow is much easier when dealing with sending your design to the printer. I use Adobe products as thats what I learned in college.

Break down:
Photoshop is a raster based program. It is primarily photo retouching software and is the industry standard (there are alternatives but they are dwarfed by Photoshop in terms of market share). Photoshop helps you edit images, such as photographs, and create raster (bitmap) graphics. With this software, you can also create graphics optimized for the web. CorelDraw falls into the category of drawing software. You can create vector images, which you can scale to any size without the loss in quality. Corel Draw is a vector based programme. It can be used to produce illustrations, logotypes and to layout type (which Photoshop is poor at). It faces competition from Adobe Illustrator (among others), both Corel Draw and Illustrator are popular, Illustrator is probably the more popular, especially among professional graphic designers.

Long answer is that Photoshop is the industry standard and if you want to get technical about things, Corel Draw is a vector based program that would relate more closely to Adobe Illustrator.

As far as HDR there is a Huge difference with programs. Some do it better and faster. Photomatix is great and is superior IMOP to photoshop for HDR merge but then you need photoshop and other software to take your image further. Photoshop will usually give you flat looking images on the HDR merge where photomatix will give you a much nicer looking merge. Photoshop does not tone map single images. You can use many in program filters to get similar effects but time is money and why bother when you can do it fast with plug-ins and tone mapping software. They have better algorithms to produce better results.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back