Anything Wrong Here?

somehow to me it appears that girl and horse are too low in the frame, not a lot, but still too low. It is off balance, in a way that it appears odd (maybe just to me), just slightly... if it was strongly out of balance, things would be ok again since that would create tension, but here it is enough to bother me, but not enough to make it special.

but that is just my crazy eyes and brain ;)

Max, as you know I'm not an expert judge, however I just tried to bring in the white background into play, but it's blown out altogether. That's not to say it's bad, just a fact.

I like the shot as taken, but the bright background is a bit eye catching and overpowering.

The loss of the rein at the bottom is meaningless.

And I must agree that the medium you used is not an excuse for anything that may or not be a reason to find something wrong. If you and your client are satisfied, that's what counts.

You're asking what's wrong.....OM'sO.

Paul

Alex's comment got me thinking about cropping, so I tried several different crops...and I hit upon one that I did like. What I did was to crop out everything above her pony tail (the girl's), and everything below the bottom of her pants fly. It made the emotional impact a bit more intimate.

Well, I don't like the bottom crop, but I'm looking at the one that's hanging on my wall, and it does indeed have a vertical crop.

Beautiful!!!!!!! I bet the print is stunning. I would like to see one with the gal's eyes open, but somehow I think it would kill the mood.

I spent a summer photographing horses they are amazing creatures to say the least.

P.S I am trying to think of a wise ass comment.

Love & Bass

Yeah...the silver print really is nice. The shadow and highlight detail are much better than they are on the screen. I look at the two side by side and they're hardly the same image.

i think a good print would improve this greatly, but as far as content matter or emotion goes i'm not really feeling it.

aw, you just need to get in touch with your equine side.

Most reactions

Back