dbvirago

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.brooksimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[h=1]ACPRO4000 Digital SLR and Laptop Roller Backpack[/h]
Anyone have any experience with this bag or brand? Link to it on Amazon Amazon.com: Ape Case Pro Digital SLR and Video Camera Convertible Rolling Backpack (ACPRO4000): Camera & Photo

I've been carrying the Tamrac Adventure 9 for years and its beginning to be cramped. Also, originally bought it for camera and laptop and it doesn't handle my current laptop. Add to that, I have been putting it inside a rolling bag for air travel. I like that the wheeled cart is removable so it becomes a backpack.

Also, per one review, fully loaded the dimensions are 22"H x 15"W x 11"D. This is only slightly larger than my current bag, so I assume it's small enough for air travel, but I wasn't sure on intl flights.

TIA

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hello, guess not. Actually, I'm bringing this back up to add a couple of more bags to the list. Do any of you have any experience with this one or the following three? The only one I have been able to see hands on is the Tamrac. It would definitely work, but would like other opinions if you have them.

Thinktank airport-take-off
Tamrac Evolution Speed Roller
TENBA ROADIE HYBRID ROLLER/BACKPACK

Sorry, can't offer any first hand advice.

I did recently buy a Tenba Roadie rolling case (not a hybrid). It's OK but I mostly choose it because it was $100 off (and thus about $150 less than the ones I would have wanted). The outside padding/strength isn't great...I wouldn't want to have it dropped or bumped hard, but on the other side of that, it's lighter than other cases....and I've been hearing that most airlines are getting pretty strict on carry-on weight. Some photographer friends of mine told me that with the some airlines they charge per kg over the limit...and with their carry-on camera gear, it would cost them (together) an extra $900. But they mentioned that Air Canada accommodates photographers and doesn't charge extra for camera bags etc.

I really wanted a ThinkTank bag. I've heard so many good things about them and the ones I've seen look great. Expensive but probably a bag/case that will last 20 years. Unfortunately, my local stores didn't have much ThinkTank in stock. Could have mail ordered, but I really wanted to see it first hand...plus shipping up to Canada can be prohibitive.

Most of my other bags are Lowepro and I looked at Lowepro rollers...they looked much better than the Tenba, but much more expensive (and heavy).

Either way, I think that choosing a camera bag should really be done in person....so hopefully you have a good camera store near you.

Yes, we have a good one. Went today to get a new strap and looked at bags. Normally, they would have the think tank and tenba but they were out. Only one in stock was the Tamrac. It would definitely work, but is the most expensive of the lot. Based solely on rep, if I am going to spend top dollar, I will go Think Tank.

I have an ape case shoulder bag. The build quality is great. They make good stuff.

I don't have that particular Think Tank model, I have the original Think Tank Airport Addicted and love it. I can get over #50 of gear in it and still get away with it as a carry on as long as I don't make it seem heavy when I heft it around near the airline counter. I have a few other TT items too.

The quality of the build on the Think Tank line is tough to beat and securing them is a breeze to keep someone from easily walking off (they are gonna have to put some effort into it hopefully making it less attractive to try and pilfer). I highly recommend Think Tank products.

I don't have that particular Think Tank model, I have the original Think Tank Airport Addicted and love it. I can get over #50 of gear in it and still get away with it as a carry on as long as I don't make it seem heavy when I heft it around near the airline counter. I have a few other TT items too.

The quality of the build on the Think Tank line is tough to beat and securing them is a breeze to keep someone from easily walking off (they are gonna have to put some effort into it hopefully making it less attractive to try and pilfer). I highly recommend Think Tank products.
ThinkTank is awfully hard to beat!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back