Aperture vs. Lightroom

loving lightroom. Photoshop is not being used very much. Great for organising.

Now i come home from a shoot and whack the card in the reader. It's so easy to use. and has so many features. Which are all very easy.

Another vote for lightroom. Great, great program. I played around with aperture but for me lightroom seemed to fit me perfectly

I like Picasa a lot. Makes resizing and uploading pics online a snap.

Hello all -

So I just hit 22,000 images and my iPhoto can't handle it any more! I am considering either Aperture or Lightroom as a replacement. Can anyone share thoughts, pros/cons or recommendations on these two?

Thanks in advance!

I have been using Lightroom 1.4 for awhile now , and really like it. I tried the beta Lightroom 2.0 and it is good. I just downloaded Aperture, and it appeared there are way more plugins and "extra" stuff you can add in, I feel this is where Lightroom is slighty behind. I agree with the others , try them both they are free for 30 days, so you can't go wrong there.

This is all really helpful. I have a Mac and have always worked with Macs, so it seems like Aperture might be the right choice for me. Thanks all.

The D40 produces NEF RAW files. They will work with both Aperture and Lightroom. They are a MUST-HAVE for every DSLR owner. They have obsoleted photoshop for my kind of work.

obsoleted?

This is all really helpful. I have a Mac and have always worked with Macs, so it seems like Aperture might be the right choice for me. Thanks all.

Once you go Mac, you never go back...

Remember not to get overwhelmed... that's what books and the internet are for :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back