Aperture vs. Photoshop CS2

Anybody?
I already use CS2, and I'm curious if this program is worth it. It looks pretty versatile, but I'd like to hear some user opinions. Any help?

It's pretty new. I have not heard of anyone who is actually using it yet.

I'm more interested in the new Adobe product 'Lightroom'

Aperture is not meant to replace Photoshop. It doesn't do 1/2 of what photoshop does. It's meant to be part of your raw workflow, and flow seamlessly into photoshop.

I don't think we have any Aperture users here, yet. But you might be interested in this review, and I'd suggest you have a word with it's author Charles, before you make any decisions.

Personally, I'd wait.

i havent used it myself, but i have a friend who works at an applestore, and he loves it. But he said its not inteded to be a replacement for photoshop. theres things it can do that photoshop, theres overlap, and theres things it cant do that ps can. its main purpose is to help speed up/increase the efficiency of raw workflow. he said the libraries and "Stacks" were a sweet feature, especially for finding similar images/ but he did say that it requires a pretty hardcore system. they say it will work with a powerbook g4, but they recommend at least a dual core w/ 2gb ram. they also recommend 2 (what he said was 2 30" cinema) monitors if possible id love to try it though myself, but my 12" powerbook g4 wont handle it! boo!

I've played around a bit with Aperture myself, and like Digital Matt said, it's not meant to be compared to Photoshop. It serves a totally different purpose. It is more for organizing your files and performing simple edits (like levels, color balance, etc.), while Photoshop is purely for editing the images and not organizing them. Both programs complement each other; they're not made to compete. It would be very difficult to try to compare the two.

Apple and Adobe have a very close relationship, and even though both companies have had products that compete with similar ones from the other, they still are very friendly with each other and even agree on what to compete on (according to what Steve Jobs has told us). It would not be nice or wise of Apple to try to compete with Adobe's flagship program, Photoshop. Aperture is way different from Photoshop, so there's not much of an issue with any competition between the two.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back