-- Apeture & Shutter Speed in diff. light conditions ?

craige4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I want to know suggested/Approx. Exposure (Aperature & Shutter speed) in the following conditions:
1] Person standing in an bright sunlight
2] Person in an sunlight but slightly in shade
3] Person standing in evening hours (With slight sun)

Also, do i need to use Flash in cloudy sunlight ?
PS: I want to knw this in emergency! So no time to experiment………..

PS: I want to knw this in emergency! So no time to experiment………..

Homework eh? :roll:

The appropriate aperture and shutter speed for those conditions, even approximate ones, also depends on the sensitivity of the film/sensor (in other words the ISO).

As for the second question... You don't need to use flash in cloudy sunlight. You may want to, for various reasons such as to lighten shadow areas.

There is absolutely no way to give you really even an approximate on shutters and apertures... you cant know all the variables without knowing the camera... the lens... the amount of sunlight... the position of the subject in comparison to the light... the ISO... etc etc etc etc

just go by the sunny 16 rule.

The variables are too many, can't get exact answer, still if you give some more details will not help you much to get the perfect answers.
If you really in "emergency" then maybe you could use "P" and let your camera works for you, and accept whatever the result.

for a better result a little EXPERIMENT is still needed in the field, and in digital era it just 'cost' you pressing the delete button. :wink:

the flash question is already answered by ZaphodB perfectly

Most reactions

Back