Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's another:
Aphrodite.jpg

wow! I really like that.

This has a very ethereal feel about it. Lovely image.

OMG, this one is the coolest. It has a High Key look to it that I just LOVE!!! I also love her orange eyeshadow. Love it!

Really nice. Did it take much photo-shop? On camera flash or am I mistaken?

Beautiful, dream-like look to this one. And I absolutely love the look of the tulle framing her face

The goddess of love, lust and beauty. The sheer fabric suggests a bridal veil, but for me there is something in her expression (averted, distant gaze, mouth showing some kind of tension) that hints at a paradox; perhaps the bride is having second thoughts - it's common enough, though most just go through with it anyway - but given the photo's title I'm drawn to thoughts of the nature of love and its inevitable contradictions.

I'd be interested to know if you see or intended any of that.

Thom

Why is this in the Dark Side Gallery?
Are we supposed to assume she is Little Snow White in the glass coffin?

I think that it is in the Dark Side Gallery because there is something sinister about it. The title refers to the goddess of love, but the image has a strongly contrived, controlled and artificial sense to it. Unreal and unobtainable, this goddess of love is a cold and false impostor. As such it goes beyond the trite.

Good work.
Helen

This is very cool- as is some of the different type of shots you've been producing lately. Again- very cool.

The goddess of love, lust and beauty. The sheer fabric suggests a bridal veil, but for me there is something in her expression (averted, distant gaze, mouth showing some kind of tension) that hints at a paradox; perhaps the bride is having second thoughts - it's common enough, though most just go through with it anyway - but given the photo's title I'm drawn to thoughts of the nature of love and its inevitable contradictions.

I'd be interested to know if you see or intended any of that.

Thom

Thom-you won the prize. That is exactly what the photo means!

Why is this in the Dark Side Gallery?
Are we supposed to assume she is Little Snow White in the glass coffin?

Hi,
I put her in the Darkside, because the is a "Goddess". I won't go into it too much, because it's political, but many main stream Americans find anything "Goddess" offensive.
That's just been my experience.

Most reactions

Back