apples swich to intel

pianoman12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Rochester NY (home of Eastman Kodak Company)
ok you all remember my Mac vs. Dell thread. Well I have more to ask. Sadly I found an apple store near me and the computer that I wanted transformed from the Mac mini to a emac then to the 12 inch ibook and finally to the 14 inch ibook g4. It seemed to be better than any dell laptop. It would be great for my photography and school. But as I checked it out more to make sure it was what I wanted I ran into this headline
"Apple to Use Intel Microprocessors Beginning in 2006"

I don't know what this means and I cannot seem to find a straight answer. Is this the end of Macs as we know it? Should I wait to buy a Mac? will they turn in to boxy ugly, virus getting, blue screen of death prone macines like dells? Looking at macs now they seem like a better choice for photo editing and such will they still be with intel? I need some other peoples opinion on this please

The idea was to get a processor cabable of running higher speeds and the intel was the most econmical and practical solution. Its not the processor that will defeat the machine but the operating system. Everything should be fine the intel processor is a fine processor when not coupled with a microsoft operating system.

Apple has already released kits to third party companies so they can program for both processors to not outdate older machines when they switch to the intels.

PLus it will make platforms between the two rivals easier to cope with.

Did you see recently that IBM snatched up a patent on the click wheel that are on the Ipods. appanrently apple slipped on the renewal..it was among other specs waiting to be pateneted and IBM beat them to it. It's going to court and most expect apple to not have to pay anything to use but it adds another reason to hate bill gates aka the anti-christ. Many fear the death of the ipod. I hope not.

Tech SpecsGraphicsWirelessSoftwareSuperDrive
sliced_tops20050719.gif
Tech SpecsGraphicsWirelessSoftwareSuperDrive
sliced_tops20050719.gif
indextop20050726.jpg

this is the one i want

Chase said:
What does hating Microsoft have to do with IBM snatching a patent from Apple? You freak! :lol:

I'm not very selective with my hatred Chase and you should know this by now...it's all the same slimey jellyfish...if one tenacle's sting pisses you off so do the others... and i meant to say MICROSOFT and not IBM snatched the patent. :mrgreen: here's the link ya smaata@@! (bad monkey!! baaaaad monkey!! chase sorry dood. he's been stirred up something fierce ever since the tacos last night)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050817...fQxVrIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

it's been a long day so far and my monkey is beat.

I don't think apple has any worries as far as the Ipod is concerned in a legal battle. As for the death of the Ipod I dont want to see it die but it would be nice to see the price comparable to some of the other MP3 players out there that do the same thing for less.

"Somebody tell Kermit (Bill Gates) his porks done."

As for picking a laptop... if you don't have a desktop machine to work from the powerbook may be a better investment. You can hook the powerbooks up via a DVI connector to a full size moniter and not stare at a tiny screen.

Awesome computers you wont be disappointed in whatever you get... all good stuff

My truck wears the white apple sticker with pride.

mygrain said:
My truck wears the white apple sticker with pride.

I know that sticker all to well

G4 400mhz
1GB ram
9800 radion upgraded video card
40,80, and external 80 Lacie Hard Drives

Sporting Panther and a whole lot of geeky editing software.

Its Five years old and still outruns most new PCs running in Photoshop or the likes.

"Long Live Apple"

the thing is you probably paid 3000 dollars for that computer too.

MDowdey said:
the thing is you probably paid 3000 dollars for that computer too.

I paid just under $2000 for it in 2000... they had uprgraded to a faster processor and I got one of the last old ones in the warehouse. Its base specs for that price where

400 mhz
64MB ram
16mb video card, my 9800 is 64
20GB hard drive which is still in the machine forgot to mention that earlier
DVD rom
And I splurged and had a zip added at the factory.

:lmao: But I love my machine its like a child I've watched it grow :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back