Aquatic Life

Art. In Reality.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some photographs at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach last month by taking photos through the exhibit glass, and here are some of the images from that set.

Can anyone identify or name any of the animals? I guess I didn't pay close enough attention and have photos of fish that I can't name! :(

All images are thumbnails, click to view full version.

That first one is, wow! Nice focus, and gorgeous colours! Did yu have to saturate it in pp?

That first one is, wow! Nice focus, and gorgeous colours! Did yu have to saturate it in pp?

Hey, thanks!

Yes, I usually adjust the vibrance/saturation in the RAW editor when opening photos with Photoshop.

Ok! It turned out really nice :D

I believe it is a sea anemone; does anyone know for sure? I should have paid closer attention in Biology!

#1 - sea apple
#3 - convict surgeon, I think
#4 - jellyfish
#5 - leopard or zebra shark, depending where you're from
#6 - sand tiger or grey nurse shark, depending where you're from

HTH

#1 - sea apple
#3 - convict surgeon, I think
#4 - jellyfish
#5 - leopard or zebra shark, depending where you're from
#6 - sand tiger or grey nurse shark, depending where you're from

HTH

You are my hero! Thank you very much. The proper names are much better descriptions than my, "Fish" or "Shark". I can fix my descriptions now. :hail:

Happy to help. Common names are easier to say, but can be confusing as they are often different depending where in the world you are.

Here are their "real" names:

#1 - probably Pseudocolochirus violaceus
#3 - Acanthurus triostegus
#4 - you're on your own with these ones! I never bother with the real names of "floaties" mostly :)
#5 - Stegostoma fasciatum
#6 - Carcharias taurus

Marine biologist? :p

LOL, not a marine biologist - just adore the sea and all the neat stuff in it. Avid diver and underwater photographer and I like to know what I'm seeing (mostly anyway)!

Most reactions

Back