Arabic Saqr

oh blast. I was wondering why it was so sharp, but I guess $10,000 of camera equipment doesn't hurt!

Aren't you all saying "It is not the equipment/gear, it is the photographer", so forget about gear, you can do better with what you have.

LOL I've definitely never said that. If it weren't the equipment, all the pros would be shooting consumer grade gear. If you think it's the photographer, not the equipment, I'd like to see you try to make those images with a rebel and a 55-250mm f/3.5-5.6 lens... You can make similar images, but nothing that approaches the quality of those. I'm also guessing these HDR images were made from 1 exposure each? This is possible because the 1dIII has more dynamic range capabilities. So, in summary, yes, it is the combination of the gear and the photographer that makes good photos.

LOL I've definitely never said that. If it weren't the equipment, all the pros would be shooting consumer grade gear. If you think it's the photographer, not the equipment, I'd like to see you try to make those images with a rebel and a 55-250mm f/3.5-5.6 lens... You can make similar images, but nothing that approaches the quality of those. I'm also guessing these HDR images were made from 1 exposure each? This is possible because the 1dIII has more dynamic range capabilities. So, in summary, yes, it is the combination of the gear and the photographer that makes good photos.

To speak about myself, i know i can do by my skill with any gear, but because i love gear i didn't listen to this statement, and honestly, i did a shoot with my 1DsIII and H3D39 on a macro item to see, my eyes rejected that of 1DsIII and got blown away with H3D clarity and sharpness and colors and even DR, so why not use gear for what i like and get the benefit of high end gear, i can teach my skill within the time but i can't wait long long to test or use high end gear.

To speak about myself, i know i can do by my skill with any gear, but because i love gear i didn't listen to this statement, and honestly, i did a shoot with my 1DsIII and H3D39 on a macro item to see, my eyes rejected that of 1DsIII and got blown away with H3D clarity and sharpness and colors and even DR, so why not use gear for what i like and get the benefit of high end gear, i can teach my skill within the time but i can't wait long long to test or use high end gear.

ok, I read that 3 times, and I still don't understand.

ok, I read that 3 times, and I still don't understand.

And what you didn't understand Exactly?!!!

Are you saying that you could make these shots with a rebel and a 55-250 lens?

Yes, i can, but i will not keep using a rebel and 55-250 forever because i can do with it, and even i can do with entry-level gear i will always dream about and go with high end and pro gear no doubt, i learnt to use my 350D my first DSLR and Sigma 70-300, so now with my 1D3 and 300 things became very easy to do [faster or quicker, higher quality, and crisper,...].

lol you just disagreed with me, and then proved my point in the end.

You can't create that shallow of a depth of field with a rebel and a 55-250 because it doesn't have a wide enough aperture. If you do run the lens wide open, it is very not sharp. Yes, you can take a similar looking photo with a rebel and a cheap telephoto, but it wouldn't be as sharp or vivid. That's my point. I've taken some great photos with my XTi and the kit lens, but I know that if I had taken those exact photos with my current setup, they would have been better.

lol you just disagreed with me, and then proved my point in the end.

You can't create that shallow of a depth of field with a rebel and a 55-250 because it doesn't have a wide enough aperture. If you do run the lens wide open, it is very not sharp. Yes, you can take a similar looking photo with a rebel and a cheap telephoto, but it wouldn't be as sharp or vivid. That's my point. I've taken some great photos with my XTi and the kit lens, but I know that if I had taken those exact photos with my current setup, they would have been better.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/225/1/b/Lovely_Eyes_by_Hamrani.jpg

Taken by 350D [Rebel XT], even the lens is 100-400 which is not cheap but it is not the best lens out there at 400mm and with flash and it is cropped as hell and still i get sharp shots, and i agree with you that gear can do for look or DoF, and no way that a telephoto zoom cheap can beat a prime telephoto of top line, but many people don't want to believe that to not waste money on high end gear.

You used an L lens to take a very sharp photo... Yes, I know this is possible. I do agree that an expensive lens will benefit a photo more than an expensive body. My original point remains. Better gear = better photos.

You used an L lens to take a very sharp photo... Yes, I know this is possible. I do agree that an expensive lens will benefit a photo more than an expensive body. My original point remains. Better gear = better photos.

Also add "+ better photographer" ;)

Most reactions

Back