Aragonese-Angevine Castle.

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Another two IR shots from my visit to Gaeta.
498891659_FJdUG-L.jpg

498891708_ou9Dz-L.jpg

beautiful castle!!!
great shots
i like the first one the best! it's clear and interesting
the second one is really cool with the look out but i find that the way the branches are positioned takes away from the detail of the castle and is kind of distracting
nicely done though :)

Very nice framing in the first one -- the tree arching over the shadow is very nice. It also gives the castle a little bit of a "toy castle" feel.

Roger,

Assuming you were looking for some opinions, take the following comments in the spirit that they were intended: good will and one man's humble opinion.

As I see it both shots are very, very good. I looked for a long a time time and realized that I wanted to see them LARGE in order to satisfy me. In the small scale seen on my monitor, I would crop them, but them - but that would lose the elements that are important and would additive in a large scale print.

So, that's my comment. If the files are clean enough to do it, print them large and they will stand proudly on their own.

Marc

Last edited:
beautiful castle!!!
great shots
i like the first one the best! it's clear and interesting
the second one is really cool with the look out but i find that the way the branches are positioned takes away from the detail of the castle and is kind of distracting
nicely done though :)

thanks for your comments...yes the branches are a problem, I really liked the view over the cliff but couldn't eliminate the branches.

Very nice framing in the first one -- the tree arching over the shadow is very nice. It also gives the castle a little bit of a "toy castle" feel.

thank you...yes the framing does give that effect.

Roger,

Assuming you were looking for some opinions, take the following comments in the spirit that they were intended: good will and one man's humble opinion.

As I see it both shots are very, very good. I looked for a long a time time and realized that I wanted to see them LARGE in order to satisfy me. In the small scale seen on my monitor, I would crop them, but them - but that would lose the elements that are important and would additive in a large scale print.

So, that's my comment. If the files are clean enough to do it, print them large and they will stand proudly on their own.

Marc

thanks a lot Marc....I am trying out a local printer and the examples he showed me look promising. I have had trouble finding a good printer here...I am waiting for a print done on metal paper, it should look stunning. If successful I will be getting prints done for an exhibition here.

Both are great shots. In the second one I'd darken the small white building on the bottom left, and maybe crop an inch or two from the right side and see how it looked.

thanks for your comments, I will look at that.

Very nice shots. I think the second is the better of the two.

Most reactions

Back