Arashiyama

Yes it's true you can't make as much change but take a look at what I did, in a previous post, with what he had.

Ya, but you seem to have made this all about you.

I agree with tirediron that this might have been a better shot if left in color. Can't know that for sure without seeing it in color. Even so, there are other issues with this shot, but without seeing the OOC jpeg or RAW, it's hard to say for sure. The OP's processing may be the cause of some of the problems I'm seeing - though maybe not.

As for the B&W conversion - I can't know what I would do unless I see the original. There are many factors for me that go into deciding if an image is suitable for conversion and the color palette is one of them. Certain compositions are suitable for conversion - this one seems like it would benefit from remaining color, but can't say without seeing.

It is my opinion that we should respect a person's posted image despite it's imperfections. Someone saying it's OK to edit their images should not be taken as permission to use that image to show off perceived post-processing skills unless you are providing actual guidance that helps.

You posted an edit to a converted jpeg that included no description of what you did or why you felt it was an improvement. It is, in my opinion, a poor use of someone's willingness to allow their images to be edited. You offered nothing to the OP of any use on future images and so seems somewhat self-serving.

This is the original in color
2wlQ1xL.jpg

Thank you for posting the excellent color photograph.

Sleist:
Ok, Ok, you win!

Most reactions

Back