skieur

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some more playing around!

skieur

arctic_sovereignty.jpg

Ok, I'm really enjoying your playing around. I have mixed reviews about this one though. I love the foreground, looks amazing. Not too crazy about the centered horizon line... and something about the boat looks strange.... I think maybe the lack of bow waves on it. I have to know, how did you make this? The whole image reminds of something done from scractch in a digital paint program.... and if that's the case, then WOW!

Ok, I'm really enjoying your playing around. I have mixed reviews about this one though. I love the foreground, looks amazing. Not too crazy about the centered horizon line... and something about the boat looks strange.... I think maybe the lack of bow waves on it. I have to know, how did you make this? The whole image reminds of something done from scractch in a digital paint program.... and if that's the case, then WOW!

Very good, JHF, you are correct. I did it from scratch and then took a virtual photo of it. Moving a virtual camera into position in a computer image that has been constructed from scratch is quite a challenge. Trying to position an horizon in 3 dimensions on a 2 dimensional monitor is also a unique experience. It was rather quickly done with a lot of weaknesses but I am learning as I go.

skieur

Ok, I'm really impressed with it now! I assumed you had painted it 2D in a painting program, I didn't realize you modeled that in a 3D world then took a virtual pic. What program were you using?

Jason

Ok, I'm really impressed with it now! I assumed you had painted it 2D in a painting program, I didn't realize you modeled that in a 3D world then took a virtual pic. What program were you using?

Jason

3D Pro which combines modeling, fractals and ray tracing.

skieur

I really like your pic....i think you have taken painting in a program like Painter to another dimension....Have to take a look at the program you use as i also love to do fractals... Look forward to your next PLAY!!!!

Patricia......:wink:

I really like your pic....i think you have taken painting in a program like Painter to another dimension....Have to take a look at the program you use as i also love to do fractals... Look forward to your next PLAY!!!!

Patricia......:wink:

Thanks Patricia or "Tack!" Have you picked up any Swedish yet?

skieur

You are welcome to my comments!....thinking of doing some experimental painting on some of my HDR shots....could be interesting....

Well Swedish with a Yorksire accent doesnt sound quite right and people here like to hear the correct pronounciation....I do try but as almost everyone speaks English...I manage very well!!!

Patricia.........:wink:

You are welcome to my comments!....thinking of doing some experimental painting on some of my HDR shots....could be interesting....

Well Swedish with a Yorksire accent doesnt sound quite right and people here like to hear the correct pronounciation....I do try but as almost everyone speaks English...I manage very well!!!

Patricia.........:wink:

By all means, try some experimental painting, you don't need to be a great artist to create some great effects.

Related to accents, I always remember a professor telling me that I spoke Spanish like a German who had escaped to South America after the second world war. She always did a double take when I opened my mouth since I am neither German nor Spanish in heritage or name. I did however pick up accents easily.

skieur

Most reactions

Back