Are Mac's worth the price premium?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the computers that I've seen and diagnosed were people just being lazy, not to say there dumb, but they don't realize whichever OS you use needs firmware updates. Then when we try to tell them simple maintenance is needed they get flustered saying they have a virus. Also youtube does have some good tutorials after you navigate through useless stuff. A client didn't know how to use there own buit in diagnostic available. I give them the option to try it home, run the updates at the store or keep it for almost a full week. The boot disc we use does not necessarily fix the the issue, but just allows us to "see" what's inside causing the problem(s). Many people could in fact save money and time by watching a few tutorials on hard drives replacement. More than likely it's illegally installed content that's wrecking havock to their system. Is it perfect? No but if many clients install their updates they would have fewer fundamental issues.

Last edited:
And yet you fail to realize that the obvious joy you get from using a Mac, that a lot of people also get when using a PC. It's called personal preference dude.

That's what I said before, Buy what you like and enjoy!

I don't like PC and I don enjoy them.

Fine! You have a right to your opinion.. but if you don't want us talking bad about MACS and Mac Users, maybe you should stop 'dissin the PC's! ;) It works both ways! :)

Do a search in this thread for his username. You'll find that he has done no such thing.

That's the problem with this thread.....

Read through the thread (filter out the crap)... every reasonable reason for liking a Mac is given is usually met with ridicule from the other camp. Stating why you like Mac is an opinion... an opinion the OP asked for. An opinion they are entitled to.

You want to know when this thread went south? its in post #15

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...958-macs-worth-price-premium.html#post2535371

Everyone was stating their opinion no one was ridiculing the responses until THAT post..... from the WINDOWS camp. It happens each and every single time with only price really being the major issue with Mac; an issue being reiterated over and over... The kicker is that the threads ends with a Windows user saying "stop dissin PCs". Hahah like your response.

Last edited:
But to answer the OP question no IMO. Stable OS, but not worth the over-hyped up price they make you pay for. I will say Macs in general have a very good resale value over PCs. I'd if you can afford it, buy it, try it; and you like or not return it within a week good luck.

o hey tyler said:
Huge overstatement. Geek Squad is about as good as the Apple 'Geniuses' ('genius' also being a huge overstatement).

Lol the tech geeks yeah, but it's not techs fault people don't read or learn from YouTube. The people who come in thier seem to think computers work on magic.

Since when is YouTube considered an educational facility? lol!

It's actually pretty awesome as an aid for learning how to play banjo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol the tech geeks yeah, but it's not techs fault people don't read or learn from YouTube. The people who come in thier seem to think computers work on magic.

Since when is YouTube considered an educational facility? lol!

It's actually pretty awesome as an aid for learning how to play banjo.

It is not youtube is an educational facility, it is companies, organizations or group that try to teach people using youtube as the video content streaming provider.

i.e. Khan Academy

2WheelPhoto said:
I'm fascinated people on here are defending super walmart. I'm used to hearing all the long line complaints and such yet when I ask the same people if they shop elsewhere they reply they usually don't.

Not defending them, just saying that Target is no different.

I think Walmart is actually a pretty ****ty cpmpany that screws their own employees constantly...

2WheelPhoto said:
I'm fascinated people on here are defending super walmart. I'm used to hearing all the long line complaints and such yet when I ask the same people if they shop elsewhere they reply they usually don't.

Not defending them, just saying that Target is no different.

I think Walmart is actually a pretty ****ty cpmpany that screws their own employees constantly...

^^^^ yes sir, couldn't agree more on both points

I'm a ninja.

WINDOWS USER = MAD BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE SAME VIEW AS THEM WHEN TALKING COMPUTERS

MAC USER = AMUSED AT THE MAD LITTLE BOY WITH HIS CHEAP TOY

MACS RULE WINDOWS DRULES!!!

Lol :)

WINDOWS USER = MAD BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE SAME VIEW AS THEM WHEN TALKING COMPUTERS

Hello troll.

ALL CAPS + can't spell "drools" = You're not making a very good case for yourself. :lol:

Let's try to ignore the blatant ignorance for a moment. Let's accept your premise that all PCs are "cheap toys" is ludicrous. I have 3 Samsung LED monitors in front of me with a Bose sound system and a more than substantial specs in the PC itself. And I'm pretty certain that my PC purchased 2 years ago would outclass your Mac (which I'm assuming you have, unless you're just a high level troll) in every way imaginable. Why? Because my PC outclasses pretty much every Mac available between $1,000-$3,000. And I didn't need to sell my liver to get into my setup.

Oh yes and I'm a Windows user.

Oh and remember, if this is a big brother, little brother thing to you-- Scoreboard:

http://www.netmarketshare.com/repor...display=1111&qpmr=10&site=news.cnet.com&qpf=0

Last edited:

ALL CAPS + can't spell "drools".

You're not making a very good case for yourself. :lol:

Oh yes and I'm a Windows user. And I'm pretty certain that my PC purchased 2 years ago would outclass yours in every way imaginable. Why? Because my PC outclasses pretty much every Mac available between $1,000-$3,000.

Oh and remember, if this is a big brother, little brother thing to you-- Scoreboard:

http://www.netmarketshare.com/repor...display=1111&qpmr=10&site=news.cnet.com&qpf=0

Clearly he spelled "DRULES" that way on purpose. It stands for "DOUBLE RULES" which is correct when referring to how much better PC's are than Macs.

My PC outclasses every Mac imaginable... but my PC was like $18,000. :lol:

(no, I didn't pay for it... I'm not sure if that makes it better, or worse.) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back