Are meme pics against the rules?

manicmike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know we're not supposed to post images that are not our own. Does this include meme pictures? Just curious. I've never seen it mentioned anywhere.

I would love to know the answer to this... I found a perfect meme for one of my threads.

I seem to remember that one member was temporarily suspended (temp Ban) for posting a MEME once... (although there may have been other reasons)... but some members post memes regularly without issues...

Like this one:
$IMG_2052.jpg

or this one
$Memes-are-SO-Funny!.jpg

:lmao: Now thats funny.

I've seen the restrictions on this site and think the rules should be changed.

Common memes should fall under a different category, where its fair use on this site. They are so widely circulated on the Internet, and have become so insanely popular, that restricting them here seems like an exercise in futility.

Lots of the memes are illustrations, doodles or a combination thereof. Some are pictures too, but their purpose is to embody a thought or feeling in a recognizable medium.

eld4YtC.jpg

A meme is, by definition, transformative.

Make your own meme with your own pics.

Not the same.

They are insanely popular for a reason. Because they are good, recognizable, usually embody some sort of message that is universally understood, and have been propagated to the point of their own immortality.

So if its so easy to "make your own", I'll take three by this afternoon, if you wouldn't mind. ;)

I seem to remember that one member was temporarily suspended (temp Ban) for posting a MEME once... (although there may have been other reasons)...
Yes, the temporary suspension was for other reasons, not the posting of a meme.

I've seen the restrictions on this site and think the rules should be changed.
Many don't understand that there are legal reasons (federal copyright law) for the rule. Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Most photography forums have the same rule, for the same reasons.

Last edited:
Memes are pretty childish I mean who finds this funny?

$image-3933008224.jpg

Not me.

We need de Frito Bandito aqui, ahora mismo!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back