are there any meteorologists in the house...

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...if so, why has the wind been blowing like mad every day and night for almost a week here and in DC????? :confused:

hmmm.... could be the memorial...

but i would hazzard a guess that its something to do with the jet stream, the green house effect, and the moon is in the 7th house...

or.... it could be the monument....i could be wrong...!!!

Can't speak for DC but here it's easy, if it's not raining it soon will.

tell me please when the winter is going away! I wanna spring!!!

I need spring really bad. I want sun and trees full of leaves and flowers and blue skies.................and whatever else spring brings.
Im really getting fed up with the cloudy days, the only good thing about those is that instead of taking pics im working on my school.

As you know, I'm not a meterologist but I know the answer for your question... There is a pocket of low pressure that's been hanging over DC's West and a high pressure system off the coast. High pressure pushes air toward the low pressure, causing wind. The jetstream over DC usually flows in an s-curve shape but West to East but this last week or so, it's been doing a loop up to your North, keeping the pressure systems where they are and preventing much new weather from moving in. There is, however, a slower moving system making it's way from Kentucky that should be there in the next few days and push that wind on out of there.

(I spend a little too much time looking at satellite weather patterns because our weather people up here aren't that good.)

mentos_007 said:
tell me please when the winter is going away! I wanna spring!!!

Today is spring, Happy Vernal Equinox. The weather is beautiful in Florida last weekend mid-80sF. But we might get rain next weekend.

hobbes28 said:
As you know, I'm not a meterologist but I know the answer for your question... There is a pocket of low pressure that's been hanging over DC's West and a high pressure system off the coast. High pressure pushes air toward the low pressure, causing wind. The jetstream over DC usually flows in an s-curve shape but West to East but this last week or so, it's been doing a loop up to your North, keeping the pressure systems where they are and preventing much new weather from moving in. There is, however, a slower moving system making it's way from Kentucky that should be there in the next few days and push that wind on out of there.

(I spend a little too much time looking at satellite weather patterns because our weather people up here aren't that good.)

Anorak! :lol:

I do that too though so I can plan roughly what night to get the telescope set up!

I just wish this cloud would go now (nearly 2 months solid! :( ) Whenever we get a break from the cloud it's a full moon so you can't see the stars anyway! :x

Spring?! The highs here have been in the 20s and low 30s. I'm cold. I'm tired of winter jackets and hats and snow boots. I WANT WARM WEATHER! :er:

wind has died down now....calling for snow tomorrow :lol: . i checked out the cherry blossoms the other day and some are already showing blooms. again, i ain't a weather guy, but my experience shows an early bloom this year...much earlier than the DC meet-up. hope i'm wrong.

Maybe we can get Lincoln to shift his bum northward to transfer some of those 70F temps up here.

Most reactions

Back