Are These Interesting? C&C

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these this morning and am curious if these are interesting to anyone else besides me. Both were taken handheld, natural light, 18-55mm IS lens and my camera is a Canon Rebel XSi.

(1)

3772983539_3c3cf1ee75.jpg

(2) This was as close as I could get to the flower but I wished I could have gotten closer.

3772978771_6c2e10f7f4.jpg

The comp on 2 is too central. Whilst neither is interesting (to me) if it works for you - it's good.

In #2 -- If you could only have gotten the bud and water drops without the distracting background...~~sigh~~ :(

I know, I wish I could have gotten closer but that was as close as I was able to get. I'd like to get a macro lens but I'm saving up for a different piece of gear.

the first one is interesting... almost looks like a snake... but ya, second needs to be closer.

I like #2, A little to much dead space above the flower but I like it

I know, I wish I could have gotten closer but that was as close as I was able to get. I'd like to get a macro lens but I'm saving up for a different piece of gear.
You can always crop what you have there, to remove some of the background and increase the subject scale.

You can even recompose the image so the bud is not dead center.

I've typically found that if you have to ask a question like that, you already know the answer. And reading your reply, I can see that you did. If you are already on the fence on whether something you shot is interesting, then others probably won't find it interesting. Just a rule of thumb. :)

Most reactions

Back