Are these photos "over the top"? Feedback Please!

I see. For candids to be successful, IMO, there ought to be a little more to it than just a model not looking at the camera.

...The menus were put there by the owner, I thought they looked messy too, but I was trying to please the client...
I didn't mean the fact that the menus were there made it look messy, I'm referring to the fact that one is half out of the rack and the other is partly cropped. That said, you're the expert; you've been hired for your skill and knowledge. DO NOT be afraid to make suggestions or recommendations to the client. That's part of what you're paid for.

Haaaa, 'half out of the rack' I see what you did there. :)

Thanks guys. I will keep at it.

Just because they're candids doesn't mean they're good enough for a client when there are distractions in the photo or that the framing is off. Some might benefit from a crop, but some look like you need more practice at this type shoot, capturing what's happening as it occurs.

At least I found it took a lot of practice to get good at framing shots quickly and efficiently at events. The missed shots where I don't quite get what I wanted usually to me aren't good enough to use - and I sometimes know right away it won't be usable (I have my share of 'sh%*' 's I don't say out loud but keep to myself).

If they are for commercial purposes you may have a problem with the TV pictures. Networks and sports teams get really touchy about that.
I think you have the focus exactly where the client wants it - Tilted Kilt, Twin Peaks and Hooters all have the same basic theme and you've captured it. KCCO

I really like the second photo on page one, the light on her face does look a little strange but I still like that one.

I think most of these have too much distracting stuff all over but if that is what they wanted.

Most reactions

Back