Are these pics "Phography" or Art?

photography IS art. period.

well, it is for me at least.

Well, yes, the definition of Art varies from one person to the next. The definition I prefer is, something that is meant to highlight something of saliency in the environment or in a culture. It's something that someone deliberately creates or produces to show what they think is important for others to see or know about.

Now, that is a pretty vague definition, but that's what I'm going by right now at least. By this definition, photography is art, because you don't photograph something unless you "see" that shot as being salient, important for others to see.

While nobody can deny that your images are photography, in the transition to digital which is happening at the moment, people are somewhat skeptical of accepting "too much" (varies from person to person) digital editing as part of the photographic process (for various reasons...).

Yeah, I agree, at some point people think that too much alteration takes it out of the "photography" category.

But like it's been said, why does it matter what other people think?

I had a dream about something like this. Here's how it went;

Despite everything I've done and worked for I died in obscurity, and 20 years later nobody gave a ****.

So I figure, call it anything you want, have fun and enjoy a good life.

There were a few details, but that's the gist of it. Is it art?- It doesn't matter.

First art and photography are not mutually exclusive.

What you have is art... and it's pretty good. You may want to try to find subject matter that is more fitting of your stylized look, as I'm more impressed with your style then your subjects.

First art and photography are not mutually exclusive.

What you have is art... and it's pretty good. You may want to try to find subject matter that is more fitting of your stylized look, as I'm more impressed with your style then your subjects.

Appreciate the comments ... what kind of subjects do you think would fit better with this style? I'd like to try something different... :D

tks,

Ansel Adams sometimes spent weeks in the dark room working on a single image. Today, the dark room is the computer. There are many styles of photography. Highly-processed is one of them.

Photography as art I would say. It can allow you to express yourself

If photography is art, are snapshots photography? :twisted:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back