Are these true portrayals of "fauxtographers"?

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw these on an
other site, and people took offense. Is it dumb or an accurate portrayal?
Especially this one
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok who is the guy in the dress - -- "How do I get more likes"
It's gotta be someone from here!!!! ;)

Ok who is the guy in the dress - -- "How do I get more likes"
It's gotta be someone from here!!!! ;)

That would have to be either Schwetty or Naptime then.. they are the only cross-dressers we have, I think! :) lol!

I saw these on another site, and people seemed to have a big problem with them, saying they were nit picks.

Especially this one [video links deleted]

What do you think?

First off, I do not know what it is you were trying to communicate. What does it mean that "people seemed to have a big problem with them"? and "saying they were nit picks". Your post does not communicate very much information at all. I'm not trying to be mean-spirited or impolite, but the OP needs to be re-phrased and re-worked. I have no idea at all what the nit picks comment means.

That said, I watched both videos. The first video was almost unbearably stupid and over the top. The second one had some clever quips and some statements about the business and hobby of photography, most of which I have actually heard over the years, such as "I hate digital, I just stocked up on Tri-X, have you seen my Flickr, I'm gonna' apply for some internships, I am saving up for a Leica, I have heard the noise is really bad," and so on.

Derrel, the first one with the guy in the dress is a parody of the second video. But I agree. The Op gave us 2 amusing videos but I have no idea what they are trying to say or ask of us.

I saw these on another site, and people seemed to have a big problem with them, saying they were nit picks.

Especially this one [video links deleted]

What do you think?

First off, I do not know what it is you were trying to communicate. What does it mean that "people seemed to have a big problem with them"? and "saying they were nit picks". Your post does not communicate very much information at all. I'm not trying to be mean-spirited or impolite, but the OP needs to be re-phrased and re-worked. I have no idea at all what the nit picks comment means.

That said, I watched both videos. The first video was almost unbearably stupid and over the top. The second one had some clever quips and some statements about the business and hobby of photography, most of which I have actually heard over the years, such as "I hate digital, I just stocked up on Tri-X, have you seen my Flickr, I'm gonna' apply for some internships, I am saving up for a Leica, I have heard the noise is really bad," and so on.

I'm not really trying to communicate anything. I saw these an another site, some people took offense and wanted to see what people here had to say. The title of thread really says it all.

I'm not really trying to communicate anything. I saw these an another site, some people took offense and wanted to see what people here had to say. The title of thread really says it all.

Both videos have been posted here not too long ago... and have comments. You can probably find the thread easily enough... search for fauxtographers!

Actually, every bit of those are real. I do and say all those things. Check out my blog

imahorriblephotographerbutchargeanyway.com

Ok well this brings up another question. I've been watching on the computer a lot today, a lot of photography youtube videos, and how the HELL do you pronounce "Bokeh" :lol: seems like everyone says it differently.

Ok well this brings up another question. I've been watching on the computer a lot today, a lot of photography youtube videos, and how the HELL do you pronounce "Bokeh" :lol: seems like everyone says it differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anata wa nihongo o hanashimasu ka?

Most reactions

Back