Are they for real ?

I own the site ClearerImages, and I can tell you that I am honest with the $10 bonus. I don't know why you feel that you need to distrust me, if you sign up, you will see that I do not ask for your bank account info, your first born son, or any other details more personal than your address. Payments are made through Paypal.

I created the bonus to help get more photographers to upload their photos. The site has just launched and I am in the process of marketing. The ads on the site are there because since I have few users, the site does not make money. The ads help pay for hosting and my time. If the site grows large enough, I will remove the ads.

I am the one who approves the photos. I approve photos that are of good quality, and are marketable. If someone uploads 200 Good photos, I will approve 200 of them, not 199 so I do not have to pay up.

I have already had several users upload more than 200 approved photos. I know that $10 for 200 images is not much, but the site is in it's beginning stages and I cannot afford much more. Also, you earn commission for your photos when they are sold, so the $10 is just a bonus to the normal amount that you earn.

Heh for me as soon as I start reading slightly broken english in a website I simply walk away from anything remotly connected to paying cash over unless I have some validation of the website and its services - like e-bay comments and votes or word of mouth/type recomending the company.

As for this case in specific - well I know a lot of people get drawn in to the cheaper microstock websites with the offer of easy sale images for cheap cash - but even on their scalings this is very very cheap. $10 for 200 "quality" images sounds tiny - however one thing that I am drawn to is the fact that this ad reads like this is membership to a microstock site (or similar) so is this not infact an advance of $10 to every member uploading 200 images with a view that these images will then be sold on (with I hope royalties to hte photographer of course) after that? Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here
I am curious if you would be kind enough to tell me where this "broken english" is on my site, I am a native speaker, born and raised in State College, Pennsylvania.

The webiste in question is ClearerImages - Download Stock Photos and Images Stock Photos Royalty Free Downloads. I found a couple pages on google with part of the OPs quote.

I don't think I would want to do business with a company that gives their competition advertising space on their website... :lol:

The only 3 ads I saw on there were for Dreamstime, Shutterstock, and iStock...
This is how Google AdSense works. It's placed on a page or pages withing a site and Google software looks over the page then determines a relevant ad for placement. If you were to talk about Windows 7 a couple times, you'll invariably see something somehow related to Windows operating systems. If a forum has thread tags, these are checked, too along with the thread title. We have Google ads here, too. You take the ad revenue (click-throughs to the site from yours) and accept you're not deciding who the ad plugs.

Ha cant believe this thread is still going, ive just started writing a dissertation questioning whether Microstock is ruining the stock industry.

Ha cant believe this thread is still going, ive just started writing a dissertation questioning whether Microstock is ruining the stock industry.
And will your dissertation say it is or, is not destroying the stock industry? :lol:

I am curious if you would be kind enough to tell me where this "broken english" is on my site, I am a native speaker, born and raised in State College, Pennsylvania.

My comment about language was made in a more general sense with refrence to websites on the internet rather than at yours - ergo why I put with specific refrence in the second part of my post

My comment about language was made in a more general sense with refrence to websites on the internet rather than at yours - ergo why I put with specific refrence in the second part of my post
Sorry, I didn't read the second part correctly, and you are right, this is for a membership, which the users will then be selling the photos and receiving commission. The $10 is only a bonus meant to encourage users to upload photos.

Most reactions

Back