Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.austingreenephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone!

So I'm just curious as to how many people shoot with their right eye at the viewfinder, or their left eye? I personally shoot with my left eye, but then at times my nose will get friendly with a few of the buttons, so I have considered trying to switch. Only one problem, however, and that the diopter adjustment on my T3i doesn't quite get the viewfinder as crisp for my right eye as it does my left. Thus, I am destined to be a left-eye shooter, how about you?

Toga

I use my right eye. I shoot a lot of sports so it follows movement better, as weird as that sounds. However, when I'm shooting basketball I'll open both eyes before I shoot so I can keep up with the ball.

Normally my right but I do switch it up some too : )

I just tried it with my right eye... wow that is weird. I can't fit my nose properly for some reason.

Most often the right. If I'm sitting very comfortably, and won't bother change my position, I might use my left :p

I'm using my left eye.

I use my right eye. I shoot a lot of sports so it follows movement better, as weird as that sounds. However, when I'm shooting basketball I'll open both eyes before I shoot so I can keep up with the ball.

Learning to use the right eye to use both at the same time sounds interesting. I just tried. I definitely need to build new neural pathways to keep up with both images !

mjhoward said:

I don't see what's wrong with starting a thread that's been done. Maybe the OP is a newbie and Im sure they didn't think to do a search first for threads dated back to 2004. I could probably find everything I want to know by a search on here or google. Defeats the purpose of joining a forum.

I use left eye mostly.

^ This has been polled again much more recently than those I cited and I assume others here are probably not likely to respond to a poll they've already responded to numerous other times already. So if they're conducting a poll, they might as well include all the relevant responses correct? Or were they just bored and don't really care about the results...

^^^

If that's what you really meant by posting all the old threads then ok. Most the time when users post these it's in a way to make the OP feel like they did something wrong or were lazy for not doing a search-- unless it's a sticky link.

Just one of my peeves.

Actually I hate when people use the search function... I love seeing the same question asked with the same answers given multiple times in a week and occasionally multiple times in the same day!

Figured.

Then people get teased when old threads from 2004 are brought up. Hard to please everyone.

--
I see this as more of a conversation and curiosity poll/thread. I doubt it's for a research paper but it's nice for you to do some leg work.

Right. I just tried left and it was weird because I found it more difficult to ignore my peripheral vision.

Most reactions

Back