Are you on the DC Meetup List?

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, so I know it's still the middle of January, so we have like over 2 months to go, but you all know that that will go within the blink of an eye.

So, thanks to Corry, I have what she and I believe is the definitive list. This includes everyone who even thinks they are coming. If I've forgotten you, please let me know.

Again, as you become definite or if you have just decided to think about, I ask that you PM me with the following information so I can add it to the spreadsheet.

Username
Real Name (first is good enough if you're skittish)
Who else is coming with you and their name(s)
Date you're coming
Hotel
Airline
Airport
Date leaving
Cell Number
Group

OK, so group is a new thing. These are rough thoughts to start getting ideas...nothing should be assumed to be set in stone. I just want to get an idea of who is interested in what. So, here are the groups right now:

Group A: Museums
Group B: The Mall
Group C: Baltimore
Group D: Street scenes
Group E: Monuments
Group F: Arlington Cemetary
Group G: Nature

If you want a different group, let me know and I'll add it. Also, some of these can be merged as the Smithsonian is on the Mall, but I'm really just trying to get a feel for what folks want.

Anyway, what you've all been waiting for (or have just scrolled to):

Airic and wife
Andreag5 and brother
Chase and wife
Chiller
ClarinetJWD
core_17 and Erik
Danalec
df3photo
Errant_Star
Hobbes28, Allison, and children
jcharcalla
Jeff Canes
Jo Cose
JonMikal
Kelox
LaFoto and husband
MrSid99
MyCameraEye and wife
Raymond J Barlow, sweet_daisy, and child
Rob
ShutteredEye
Terri and husband
Unimaxium
Wally
Woodsac, wife, and child

Like I said in the pm...some of those are just people who said they would like to try to come...my list was my trying to figure out what our group potentially could be. (and the Alison and Hobbes one should be changed to 'children' if they are coming! )

core_17 said:
Like I said in the pm...some of those are just people who said they would like to try to come...my list was my trying to figure out what our group potentially could be. (and the Alison and Hobbes one should be changed to 'children' if they are coming! )

Thanks Corry, I thought that I mentioned that it included everyone who said they were thinking about it, but thanks for clarifying so I don't get a ton of PMs...sorry to forget the rest of the Hobbes/Alison brood :)

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to make it.:( I really want to, but I'm most likely going to have knee surgery soon and won't have the funds or vacation time.:(

I just PM'd you Jo to make it official but you know I'll be there just not sure what day. I guess it depends what day you and the rest of the locals head downtown. Almost pointless though for us with the exception of helping out-of-towners out because we've shot just about all there is to shoot in d.c. eh ? I am going to set up my wife with my Canon EOS ELAN 7/E that day and she will shoot some true b&w film and I'll push it later and scan it. It should be fun for all.

Scott

Traci said:
Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to make it.:( I really want to, but I'm most likely going to have knee surgery soon and won't have the funds or vacation time.:(

That totaly sucks (that you can't come AND that you're having surgery). But keep us posted if things change.

MyCameraEye said:
I just PM'd you Jo to make it official but you know I'll be there just not sure what day. I guess it depends what day you and the rest of the locals head downtown. Almost pointless though for us with the exception of helping out-of-towners out because we've shot just about all there is to shoot in d.c. eh ? I am going to set up my wife with my Canon EOS ELAN 7/E that day and she will shoot some true b&w film and I'll push it later and scan it. It should be fun for all.

Scott

As I live in DC and right on the Red Line, I plan to be out and about with the Forumites all weekend (but I have no wife and kids--although I am trying to convince the Girl to come in for Cherry Blossoms). I've added you to the list.

Thanks Jo and Corry! I will definately let you know if it changes.

Traci said:
Thanks Jo and Corry! I will definately let you know if it changes.

and let us know about the knee surgery...we'll do an artsy knee shot of everyone in DC for you so you'll feel better.

Actually, we should start a Knee Thread, every take pics of their knees, and then you can pick the one you like, print it out, and take to the doctor and say "that's the one I'd like please"

Jo,

Wouldn't groups B and E be the same? To me Monuments and the Mall are the same. If you are thinking differently, this would be a large area of confusion for a lot of people. Also one other note. Not sure how many REAL out of toowners we will have but a lot of people might not know what the MALL is. When I moved here 8 years ago, my cousin asked me if I would want to go downtown to D.C. to walk around the mall for the day, and I ask him, "danm how big is this frigging mall".

Scott

jocose said:
OK, so I know it's still the middle of January, so we have like over 2 months to go, but you all know that that will go within the blink of an eye.

So, thanks to Corry, I have what she and I believe is the definitive list. This includes everyone who even thinks they are coming. If I've forgotten you, please let me know.

Again, as you become definite or if you have just decided to think about, I ask that you PM me with the following information so I can add it to the spreadsheet.

Username
Real Name (first is good enough if you're skittish)
Who else is coming with you and their name(s)
Date you're coming
Hotel
Airline
Airport
Date leaving
Cell Number
Group

OK, so group is a new thing. These are rough thoughts to start getting ideas...nothing should be assumed to be set in stone. I just want to get an idea of who is interested in what. So, here are the groups right now:

Group A: Museums
Group B: The Mall
Group C: Baltimore
Group D: Street scenes
Group E: Monuments
Group F: Arlington Cemetary
Group G: Nature

If you want a different group, let me know and I'll add it. Also, some of these can be merged as the Smithsonian is on the Mall, but I'm really just trying to get a feel for what folks want.

Anyway, what you've all been waiting for (or have just scrolled to):

Airic and wife
Andreag5 and brother
Chase and wife
Chiller
ClarinetJWD
core_17 and Erik
Danalec
df3photo
Errant_Star
Hobbes28, Allison, and children
jcharcalla
Jeff Canes
Jo Cose
Jo Cose
JonMikal
Kelox
LaFoto and husband
MrSid99
MyCameraEye and wife
Raymond J Barlow, sweet_daisy, and child
Rob
ShutteredEye
Terri and husband
Unimaxium
Wally
Woodsac, wife, and child

jocose said:
and let us know about the knee surgery...we'll do an artsy knee shot of everyone in DC for you so you'll feel better.

Actually, we should start a Knee Thread, every take pics of their knees, and then you can pick the one you like, print it out, and take to the doctor and say "that's the one I'd like please"

You're funny!:hugs: Thanks for caring!:D
I can't wait for those knee shots!

Traci said:
You're funny!:hugs: Thanks for caring!:D
I can't wait for those knee shots!

My sister had a really bad accident (which of course was her own fault, but I digress) and almost lost her leg from the knee down. Knees are very important in our family!

Personally, I wouldn't want to split into so many groups...I'd really like to get to know my fellow TPFers, and how will I get to spend time with anyone if there are so many groups...even if we switch up throughout the day? I personally don't want groups at all!

OK, I feel I need to clarify because people seem to have misunderstood my intention here.

The groups I suggested were NOT meant to be the final groups that people could choose from...they were meant to be groups of interest from which I could start to figure out what people were interested in.

My original idea was to have only 2 or 3 groups that would incorporate all the different groups that I listed. If you look at the DC Rumor thread, I had originally posted "interest" in my list, but as no one responded, I thought that I would help by giving multiple choice options for interests.

Again, I am NOT suggesting that we have that many groups. At this point, if we did have that many groups, there would only be about 2 people in each and that would just be dumb.

For example, as MyCameraEye says, the same group could do the Mall, the Smithsonian, Cherry Blossoms, and the Monuments. But one group could also do the Cemetary, Cherry Blossoms, and the Monuments...so if I knew what folks were interested in, it would help to figure out how to put all my suggestions together to create the best 2 or 3 groups.

Anyway, I hope that clears things up about the groups...they were not meant to appear to be the final and definitive list of groups. That was never the idea.

EDIT:

I just reread this post, and I wanted to add that I didn't mean the tone to sound so bad...I am just trying to clarify, not cop attitude :) Thanks for your understanding.

Most reactions

Back