Are you tempted?

...show all the photos except for those that are technically bad because I never know if there is something there that I might think is trash but the client likes enough to want to buy a print.

If I'm not proud of the image, I won't offer it. I refuse to have anything on display in a client's home that I'm dissatisfied with... for any price.

-Pete

I do.... throw them away.... before I show them.

There are usually one or two shots in a session that are MY favorites, but I don't show anything that I wouldn't want "out there."

-Pete

I'm with you Pete. First I would throw in more of my 'average' shots but when clients would then order them, I would freak slightly. Now clients are aware that they see between 20 & 30 of the best shots from their session... and I can rest assured that everything out there displaying my name is of a quality I am proud with! x
.......and call me crazy, but if I get a really great order from a really great client, I will throw in a 'bonus image'. From each session, I re-work an image with textures and other artsy stuff - practice for something that i am going to be offering for purchase soon... so if i have a few out there more people will see them, more people will hopefully like them, and then maybe they might just book their own session with me.... then i am a very happy chicky! x

I had a wedding recently where i couldnt belive what pictures they chose for the engagment shot or the thank you card photo's.

i included one photo and they we're not even looking at the camera, but there were some details caught in that photo i felt the need to share.

when they picked i couldnt help myself, I had to ask are you sure " your eyes are not even facing my camera"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back