Arguments in the Challenges - COVID Stress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm done talking to you about this . Clearly you have no idea about my feelings about this and I don't feel like I need to justify my opinion to you.

You are probably half of my age or less and we come from different places and different backgrounds, and we have different expectations of how others should treat us and what civil discourse really means. At times a simple gesture is intended as disrespect, a simple word or a simple pronunciation is loaded with meanness. I feel that in the case of the poster who shall remain nameless,his rapid fire use of the disagreex with not a single word of requested justification is churlish. And please note,I chose the word churlish over another word that is very similar in appearance.

Well I'm done talking to you about this . Clearly you have no idea about my feelings about this and I don't feel like I need to justify my opinion to you.

You are probably half of my age or less and we come from different places and different backgrounds, and we have different expectations of how others should treat us and what civil discourse really means. At times a simple gesture is intended as disrespect, a simple word or a simple pronunciation is loaded with me. I feel that in the case of the poster who shall remain nameless his rapid fire use of the disagreex with not a single word is churlish. And please note I chose the word Shirley over another word that is very similar in appearance.
You're entitled to your opinions Derrel. Not sure why my age or your assumptions about me have anything to do with this. Your opinion is that it's churlish for someone to disagree with you by way of saying so through a "disagree" vote on a forum post. I simply see it as just a "disagree" and an X. That's all. To take it beyond that would mean someone is taking a disagreement way too personally. Like I said, you yourself have used this function of the site on my posts before in the exact same way that you're complaining about, but the fact that it bugs you so much when someone does the same to you is very telling. The fact that you're actually using this function of the site in this exact thread that you're complaining about its use is also very telling. I could get very upset over the fact that you're disagreeing by way of the voting function AND doubling down on it with a post, but I'm perfectly fine with being disagreed with.

We are blowing the red x out of proportion? Kind of ridiculous given your recent post on Facebook in which you came to the defense of a photographer who was not given a photo credit for her work by some fairly well-known Instagram personality.

Apparently if a person is in your circle then you will take up the mental Force to people who are not close friends of yours, we are all overreacting to what we understand is clear and plain disrespect.

I could write a simple graffiti that condemns a whole group of people and it would be nothing but a sentence, according to your simple logic. Sometimes the red x is used as a way to cast aspersion and is a basically simplified f*** you. I know this because I am old enough to have seen how it has been used for almost 10 years.

There is nothing quite like passive aggressiveness. It gives one a nice comforting feeling of plausible deniability. Kind of like what smokementioned about people in case in the cars flipping you the bird

And I think its time we brought this to a close since we are heading nowhere productive.

Moderators are aware of some contention with the red X, however its something beyond our control (and its every chance that the feature might well be a case of all or nothing - that is you get all the icons and awards including the X or you get nothing at all by disabling it). I would like to remind users that:

1) It's perfectly normal and natural to disagree with someone, even a friend. You don't have to fall out over it; you don't have to argue and fight over it and you don't have to act hostile toward each other because you got an X on a post.

2) If you feel targeted/attacked/abused by another member (and excessive use of the X button can count as that) then please use the report feature and inform the moderators. Remember to leave details in the report so that we can understand your point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back