Arlington Cemetery

nakedyak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
went to DC last weekend to visit my girlfriend. We stopped by Arlington Cemetery on monday because she hadn't been there before. I managed to take a few photos. thanks for looking

closetokatherinesname.jpg

changingoftheguard3.jpg

arlingtoncemetery5.jpg

arlingtoncemetery7.jpg

arlingtoncemetery2.jpg

unknownsoldiertombthisway.jpg

66428447.jpg

Great series of images the creative use of depth of field really makes these images powerful I think.

Very nice photographs of an impressive cemetery (was there in April myself). You make them look like some of the more artistic viewcards, and all your photos COULD become those somewhat more artistic (therefore more expensive - but I always buy those!) viewcards. They are good enough for those, they really are.

thanks very much guys, it was kind of overwhelming...there were so many tombstones and interesting things to take pictures of. I can't help but feel like I just scratched the surface of creative and interesting angles that could be taken at that place. Thats the fun part about places like that, everyone will come away with something different. I felt like using my telephoto lens would help me achieve greater DOF and separate certain tombstones from others. It was a pretty overcast day though, so lighting wasn't too great. Oh well, thanks for the comments!

great series. can't pick a favorite. cemetaries are very humbling...
I've never been to that one, but any cemetary is a humbling place once you've lost someone. I don't know if I'd be able to take photos at one of the cemetaries we have here, although it's a beautiful cemetary...maybe one day (the fact that my friend is at that cemetary might be what's stopping me from doing so).

either way, great series! and props to you for being able to take pics at a cemetary (unlike me...) :)

Most reactions

Back