Arms Length

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could not get my eyes to focus......AF lens, 1600 ISO, 1/45, F4.5, 105mm....no flash

Is the grain/noise too much?

7985-SelfPortrait1BW.jpg

at f 4.5, the DOF is just about the length of your nose, hence nose and moustache are in focus and eyes are not.

you have several alternative techniques, listed in order of probable interest on your part:
  1. more light thus smaller aperture and greater dof
  2. shorter focal length lens
  3. shorten your nose
  4. lengthen your arm
  5. be strangled during sitting, thus causing eyes to protrude into focus field
  6. get a tumor of the thyroid and develop exopthalmia where your eyes bug out.(see #5)

Oh well, Traveller, those are some really cool suggestions for Paul, mostly so those from 3 through 6 :biggrin:

Well, I for my part quite like the full focus on your moustache, makes it look like it is made from wire :D. Do you get complaints when you go kissing the girls? ;)

Traveller.....Steps 1&2 are definitely worth trying, steps 3&4 have been tried once or twice during boxing and wrestling matches in days gone by, step 5 has also been tried several times with my wife's help, and step 6 is just way out of my control......many thanks for your remarkable insight to the problem and your recommendation. I'm sure my wife will make additional attempts toward the effort and the next time I see a 240 lbs. giant I'll start a fight leading with my nose.

I'll post the results after the healing process has completed!

Oh well, Traveller, those are some really cool suggestions for Paul, mostly so those from 3 through 6 :biggrin:

Well, I for my part quite like the full focus on your moustache, makes it look like it is made from wire :D. Do you get complaints when you go kissing the girls? ;)

LaFoto.....Thanks for you observation comparing my mustache to wire......and no, never a complaint, in fact, they've always asked for more.

P.S. I've had this Mustache for 35 years!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: to both of you....!

I think you should try another one at that same aperture with the focus on your eyes, then try another one with a smaller aperture.

Do you want to draw the viewers' attention to the moustache, lips, & nose? If so, your photo above is very good.

Focusing on your eyes while blurring the moustache and tip of the nose will make people look at your eyes more. This would be more like they're looking at "you" instead of just a feature of you.

I think it would be best with a smaller aperture and your whole face in focus, but that is personal opinion.

i think what makes this shot special are the eyes actually being out of focus :)

would be boring if they were in focus in such a nose centred image

i think what makes this shot special are the eyes actually being out of focus :)

would be boring if they were in focus in such a nose centred image

Again with the nose......???!!!!!

:lol:

Thanks, Jeremy Z for those kind and constructive remarks. It's nice to have a fan club. :)

:cokespit: :puke: :shock: :er:

at f 4.5, the DOF is just about the length of your nose, hence nose and moustache are in focus and eyes are not.

you have several alternative techniques, listed in order of probable interest on your part:
  1. more light thus smaller aperture and greater dof
  2. shorter focal length lens
  3. shorten your nose
  4. lengthen your arm
  5. be strangled during sitting, thus causing eyes to protrude into focus field
  6. get a tumor of the thyroid and develop exopthalmia where your eyes bug out.(see #5)

Are your arms long enough?

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

i think the picture looks good as is. if it were color, the eyes being out of focus might not look good, but i think it works in a black and white shot.

i tried growing a moustache once. that was one COLD night sleeping on the porch........ in february. :lol:

Most reactions

Back