Around the Bend

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was taken last weekend leading one of my last classes of the fall season, I had the opportunity to photograph one of my favorite falls, Spirit Falls in Washington. The natural curve here really caught my attention, and I tried to show it off.

To access this fall, it's a steep 700+ ft decent into a canyon over slippery rocks. I've done it many times. Once in 20" of snow. The hike is a bear in all conditions.

Around the Bend [Spirit Falls, WA]
by Majeed Badizadegan, on Flickr

Thanks man, hate posting to IG because always have to crop out 50%+ of the pic...

thanks all.

Love the composition and colors, but it seems like the entire lower half of the image is rather under-exposed. Maybe a half of a stop or more?

Jake

Love the composition and colors, but it seems like the entire lower half of the image is rather under-exposed. Maybe a half of a stop or more?

Jake

I kind of like that about this photo, leads the eye up to the falls

2nd time looking. Just want to add that you sure do a good job with water motion.

Wow this is an awesome photo! I love the dreamy look it has, reminds me of a scene from a movie, the greenery and water...

Saw your comment about cropping on instagram, now I haven't seen your on there, but there is an app where you upload your image and have it un-cropped. With white edges...

Nominated for november photo of them month.

Thanks very much everyone for the nice comments!

Jake

Hey thanks, that's fair feedback. Often I lean toward a darker presentation. There is a very fine line to toe between keeping detailed darks, and going too far. I don't always get it right. I would probably consider 1/4stop more exposure in the FG rocks.

2nd time looking. Just want to add that you sure do a good job with water motion.

Thanks Rick!

Wow this is an awesome photo! I love the dreamy look it has, reminds me of a scene from a movie, the greenery and water...

Saw your comment about cropping on instagram, now I haven't seen your on there, but there is an app where you upload your image and have it un-cropped. With white edges...

Yeah, but IG photos are already small. If I was to do that, then you can barely see the pic.

Nominated for november photo of them month.

Wow, thanks!

Most reactions

Back