Arrrgh!!! Who has D700's in stock????

I didn't wait....and although I will cringe when the new model is released I'm sure I can get plenty of use from the D700 before needing to upgrade ;)

Can you say, "rolling electricity blackouts in eastern Japan where Nikon makes its professional-level cameras"???

The Senadai plant was impacted heavily by the terrible problems associated with the tsunami. The city of Sendai was hit very,very hard by the tsunami.

With the shortage of any full-frame camera here lately I really doubt they'll release a new model any time in the immediate future. They're selling faster than Japan can produce them at the moment, to release a new model, even if designed, would be silly, wouldn't it?

That's a very limited view of business. Nikon is behind and their mid-level FF option (D700) is way long in the tooth. It's well beyond time for a new release.

I didn't wait....and although I will cringe when the new model is released I'm sure I can get plenty of use from the D700 before needing to upgrade ;)

Oof. Yeah, yer gonna cringe hard. Nikon's new models always massively outstrip their aged counterparts.

Don't say that...oh man, you got me cringing already :)

I was searching around today tring to find one and ran across threads on other sites dating back 1 YEAR where members were saying hold off and wait for the next model....I'm not that patient ;)

Nikon is making an announcement in the end of August. Everyone is anticipating them announcing the D400, D800 and possibly the D4 line. Rumors are the D800 will be 24MP.

You're really busting my b@lls aren't you? :D

I wouldn't worry about it. The only people who actually know what Nikon is going to do aren't allowed to talk about it. The rest of the rumors out there are just rumors. People have been predicting a D800 announcement every month for the last 18 months...eventually, they are going to be right.

Enjoy your D700. Regardless of what Nikon comes out with, the D700 won't stop taking great pictures.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I'm waiting for the D800 before I upgrade. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back