Art In Your House

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you guys ever use pictures that you took as decoration in your house? Do you have other people on your walls? It seems like that would be weird to have someone other than family displayed - maybe it's best to just stick with the shots without any people in them for your house. What do you guys think?

Sure I use my own photos as wall art. If I didnt the walls would be bare.

my wife had a wonderful idea of painting our downstairs bathroom a slate gray and filling the walls with b/w pictures I had taken. It's kind of like a little gallery and it's filled floor to ceiling with my prints on the walls. Somedays depending on my self esteem it's the appropriate place for it. I have only one print that has a stranger in it, but it was of an Italian scene. I have other prints scattered around the other walls. Also have some from another photographer.

Yup... its not that hard to fill my walls.. I don't have much wall space to fill.

I also have a small shelf of portfolios and albums of my work. In general, each is focused on a theme or subject.

i also have a crate of framed 8x10s of mine that my 2 year old likes to flip through.

my wife had a wonderful idea of painting our downstairs bathroom a slate gray and filling the walls with b/w pictures I had taken. It's kind of like a little gallery and it's filled floor to ceiling with my prints on the walls. Somedays depending on my self esteem it's the appropriate place for it. I have only one print that has a stranger in it, but it was of an Italian scene. I have other prints scattered around the other walls. Also have some from another photographer.

My wife had a similar bathroom idea, but with mine, she made a long strip of my work, rolled it up and we use them for toilet paper.. :(

I dont think I would put portraits of random people up but I put up photos of people I love that I take and would no doubt use photos of places or things as art (once I advance in that area)

I don't put photos of clients up, but my walls are covered in family portraits, landscapes, and fine art photos I've created, as well as work from many other artists. I rotate my photos and the art work every few months.

Yes, my house is my gallery. It is also my motivation - things get changed out every so often, and friends expect to see stuff.

The last two pieces I did (42 inch x 42 inch):

la-710-105-overpass-1-small-psd.jpg

la-710-105-overpass-2-small-psd.jpg

My walls are mostly covered with my work. If I don't have a show going on, all spots are filled with framed works by me. Other framed pieces are of my children, and a few of other shots by other photogs. Right now my walls are very bare, as I have 18 pieces in a solo-show downtown. One thing that is handy, when I need a birthday/christmas/wedding gift I simply pick the piece I think they would love the most and wrap it up. I think I will start covering my finished-basement's walls with my work and try not to pull pieces off for gifts, sort of like my own personal gallery.

my whole house is full of orginal photographs and art works, none are mine.

have run out of wall space and tend to move things around from boxes to the wall to bring some new fresh experience to the eye.

I have a lot of family photos up, only some taken by me or another family member. I also like to find artwork that inspires me and is also affordable. I have some of my own artwork framed as well. When I have the money, I will want to put more artwork up, and maybe even a few originals.

I would love to have some photos on my wall, but my work does not interest me. :er: I only have this shot of Gordon Lightfoot framed on my wall. It is one Im proud of, as it is on his web site. Guess if it is good enough for Gord, it is o.k for my wall. :lol:

453797351_wY734-M.jpg

I have a few, some of family members, but I don't have pics of other people, not that I wouldn't, but the other photos I have on the wall are of 'things'. I have more art than photos. My boss gave me some Mark Ryden prints for Xmas, I put up some of those recently. I have a big Kozy N Dan print on one wall. A few of my own paintings too, but I think it's time to switch those out with something more recent..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back