Art Lived Here

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm happy with this photo but I can't decide which version works best...

Muted colour...
p808220588-4.jpg

...or B&W
p333771941-4.jpg

(Yes, the crops are not identical and there are a couple other post-processing differences as well :))

I like the muted color version better other than the highlights on the wall are better controlled in the B&W.

A better b&w conversion may be nice but, as is, the color one is better.

Your b&w is too gray. No blacks, no whites. So I tend to agree with K. although the highlights don't bother me that much.

I prefer the first one. The other is just too gray.

Color is almost always if not always better than B&W... just my opinion.

Also I really like the sharpness and relief on the edges in all your photos, kind of disappointed I cannot edit them.

Color is almost always if not always better than B&W... just my opinion.

Also I really like the sharpness and relief on the edges in all your photos, kind of disappointed I cannot edit them.

I think it really depends on the mood of the shot.

I'd also go for the "muted colour" version here. That version seems to retain quite a bit more detail (particularly in the corner area) as compared to the b&w version.

I prefer the contrast in the color version.

Good B&W images are a lot more difficult to make than good color images, IMO, and the difference is in the contrast.

If you are inclinded to, go back and place the window frame across the corner so it touches both walls, then shoot from a lower perspective but with the camera level.

Both walls would then lead the viewers eye to the frame, perhaps making a stronger image.

Thanks everybody for the great feedback. This is the story: I started editing the colour version, then stopped and started a B&W version. When I didn't like where the B&W was going (I agree with everybody's comments above), I went back to the colour version for a bit... and then I decided that I could use some outside help deciding which one to use to finish the job.

So colour it is. Thanks so much!

If you are inclinded to, go back and place the window frame across the corner so it touches both walls, then shoot from a lower perspective but with the camera level.

Both walls would then lead the viewers eye to the frame, perhaps making a stronger image.
I know that this will sound heretic, but I rarely ever alter a scene: I shoot what I find how I find it. (It must be my mass communication/journalistic education taking a toll on my hobby :)) However, today I'm going back to the area of the province where we found this house so I might take another look at the scene and maybe follow your suggestion. Thanks, KmH.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back