Art studio pics...

Mumfandc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey hey!

I did my first roll of film developed in Acufine developer. Just curious to try the stuff out. Did some random shots of my classmates at my art college doing their work.

I rated the film at 1000, and the negs seemed pretty thin after development, so I had to adjust the prints, which explains the contrastiness.

Not sure if I like the stuff. But I gave everyone a print...they were happy...so I was happy :)

All pics scanned from prints (Forte Polywarmtone in Dektol)
Camera: Hasselblad 500c/m with 80mm f2.8 CF Zeiss lens
Film: Tri-X 120 @1000 in Acufine (except last 4, Tri-X@800 in D-76)

dan.jpg
hulya.jpg

sab2.jpg
eric.jpg

adri.jpg
jon.jpg

amy.jpg
kayi.jpg

sun.jpg
steve.jpg

sab.jpg
christ.jpg

Nice series!

Force of Nature said:
wow, these are awesome, you just couldnt do this with a digi cam.
Well, I'm sure you could mimic the look. But when it comes down to the actual print, I still feel nothing beats something worked in the darkroom.

Normally I crop the square negatives out of my Hasselblad, but I decided to keep the square this time as a result of my newly discovered favorite photographer Hiroshi Watanabe. My favorite images have to be his Kabuki theatre portraits. LINK:http://www.hiroshiwatanabe.com/HW website Folder/Pages/Kabuki/Kabuki thumbnails.html

These are very nice. Great tonal range. :thumbup: Well done! I'm sure they were very happy with these. :)

Great tonal range
totally agree with terri
nice shots.. i love the quality they have about them
sure makes way for a photojournalistic style
thanks for sharing :)

The girl in the last square photograph was actually more than happy to pose for the camera. But when I developed the image, the camera seemed to render detail of blemishes on her face. (I shopped them out in these web pics)

If you look at her in the background of the fourth pic from the top...(this was the second session of shooting pix)...she has that expression on her face; she told me "No, not that camera again!".

Gotta love those Carl Zeiss lenses!

Most reactions

Back