Artistic Dream

plentygood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a discussion with a friend today and it got me thinking. What are the artistic dreams of other photographers? Mine is to someday shoot large-format fashion photography. To be one of the photographers who's photos are enlarged and run up the length of portions of walls in clothing stores. I don't know, it just really strikes me as being something that would be awesome to see and do.

What do you hope or dream to do some day?

I want to be happy.

Ooo, Ooo, can I be Ansel Easton Adams? I kinda already look like him:

My dream is to capture mood and atmosphere through photography. Whether it be bright, sunny and happy, or dim, foggy and melancholy, I dream of being able to manipulate the emotional state of my viewers.

On the flip side, from a more technical standpoint, I would love to have the equipment necessary to do some high quality astrophotography, pictures of the ISS, craters on the moon, and such things.

Really though, if I can get someone to look at my work and say, "...Wow..." then I will be happy.

I want to get on a stage and play my camera like a guitar and have people scream and yell for it.

To be considered(not necessarily win) for a Pulitzer in breaking news photography or feature photography.

Not completely unrealistic, but it will take a lot of hard work for a long time. Or maybe I'll get lucky and some crazy event will happen right in front of me. :D

To express myself.

Same as the OP. I wanna shoot fashion on 8x10. Right now I'm shooting it on MF and 4x5. We'll see if I can afford to make the move up to 8x10.

My artistic dream is to one day shoot for Vogue, VF and have Magnum pick me up. Pretty f'nin unrealistic at this point in time. I figure I will have to keep trying.

Love & Bass

I just hope to develop an artistic side. I have been trapped in reality with no creative outlet for too long. So i am really just doing this for me, call it a midlife crisis.

I would like to get good enough to do photography for my church, like baptisms, picnics, camps, etc.

I think my real goal is what BTilson said, " if I can get someone to look at my work and say, "...Wow..." then I will be happy."

Well my dream is to be Alpha's 1st Assistant and carry that 8x10 everywhere for him, and set-up for him...:hail: |Alpha|

To dream... the impossible dream....
To fight... the unbeatable foe...
To strive... when my arms are to weary...
To go... where the brave dare not go...
This is my Quest...!
To follow that Star (Alpha...)
No matter how hopeless...
No matter how far...
To fight for the right...
Without question or pause...
To be willing-to-march-into hell...
For a heavenly cause...
And I know...
If I'll only be true...
To this glorious quest...
That my heart...
Will lie peaceful and still...
When I'm laid to my re-est...
And the world....
Will be better for this...
etc etc....

anon

I have two dreams (greedy me!)

One is - - a canon 300mm f2.8; either canon 400mm or 500mm -- not picked which yet and a top end camera body

Second is to have the chance to go to the wild places in the world and photograph those that live there (provided they are not human!)

OBVIOUSLY To get laid!!

oh wait, thats in the other thread, sorry. :lmao: :lol:

Seriously I am living my dream... I work hard, play hard and enjoy photography as much as I can. There may be lots more I could ask for, but really so little more that I sincerely need. I am one happy dude. :D

I'm the same as Alpha and the OP. Fashion photography is what I would like to do most.

Most reactions

Back