Artistic Dream

I hope some day to have a lot of time, and then to find my groove.

I hope to see my prints retailed and hanging in offices around the world...But I would settle for the cover of Time, Life, Sports Illustrated(Swimsuit Edition of course)
Actually, I am aiming at a career as a freelancer. Concentrating on photojournalism.

i would like to get many amazing unbelievable animal and nature shots that wow and awe.
my dream would be to buy a travel trailer and travel the world and get shots of the different nature and wildlife each place i go whether that be alaska, africa, australia, you name it. and spend my day hiking throught the wilderness capturing poses and situations of the wildlife and nature that people dont get to see on a daily basis.
that is my dream
:)

Last edited:
I'm living mine- bang around the desert taking photos of the desert. Hope it lasts :)

I just hope to develop an artistic side. I have been trapped in reality with no creative outlet for too long. So i am really just doing this for me, call it a midlife crisis.

That's great that you are doing this for you, I think that's how it should be ideally.

I would like to be able to take photos that really work on a psychological level, that is, they tell a positive story about personal growth and related themes. I'm into self-help, and I hope that photos can supplement my work in an empowering way.

Oh, and I'd like to be able to take photos of the starts and the night sky someday. Probably when I have loads of money to buy the equipment.

Just being able to travel and just shoot pics. And for people to stop looking at people taking shots in public as the devil incarnate.

Last edited:
I had this dream, of upon turning 58, traveling all over Europe, shooting pictures, perhaps doing some travel stock, renting a flat in Paris for 3 months....then my retirement funds took a dump the other week, one of my tenets skipped town, 2 months in arrears, and left torn carpet, filthy kitchen, new cental A/C needed...these days my dream is to be healthy enough at 80 to take long walks over the London bridge....without a walker :-(

At the risk of sounding vague:

What are you doing? How do you have internet access? Money?

I take pictures of the desert to get money to spend on internet access. Sounds crazy, yes? Basically, I substituted the word "work" with the phrase, "take pictures of the desert." The whole thing was a bit more complex in taking shape, but over the years my dream has become my reality. The challenge now is making it last through these tough times.

My dream....is to take photographs, and frame them, and have people "oooooh' and "ahhhhhh' over them!! (Translation: To be really, really good at photography!) I'd like to see them hanging in my house, and in other people's homes.

One step further...to make money doing what I really love!! (Umm, yes...that would be...photography!!! LOL!!)

:O)

Reading these responses has got me thinking that it's not so crazy to travel and take photos and upload them to a site from your location. If you set up a way to sell them and keep them protected, that would be a great way to vacation...

Most reactions

Back