As digital advances and film recedes...

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...will pinhole photography take 35mm film's place?

There have been a lot of discussions about if and when film will die out. Assuming that companies WILL stop making film cameras and 35mm film, do you think pinhole will remain and take its place?

After all, you only need a couple chemicals to make prints, right? And these are probably easier and cheaper to mass-produce than 35mm film and cameras, right?

What do you think? Will comoanies keep making developer? Will pinhole outlast 35mm?

Torus34 said:
I can foresee a time when companies will stop making digital cameras.
And the animals will rule the earth.

Film is a very basic, low tech technology. The amount of manufacturers will undoubtedly shrink, but you will still be able to buy SOME kind of black and white film.

Or the technology used to produce film itself will become available to hobbyists.

No offense guys, but none of you seem to be on-topic here :x

ASSUMING that companies stop making film,
and REGARDLESS of whether digital will some day become outdated,
and IRRESPECTIVE of whether the technology to make film will become available to hobbyists,

does pinhole have a chance of surviving the digital revolution?

Let me know if my question is not clear.

Pin hole is a type of photograph that can be used with any media... Digital film photo paper most like whatever else will come down the pike but why would you want to try to call it anything else it is pinhole photographs no matter what the media.

Paper negatives are a viable alternative to film now. Home made glass negatives may come next. But pinhole isn't the only kind of photography that is adaptable to other materials. Check out the paper negative thread on the alternate forum.

does pinhole have a chance of surviving the digital revolution?

Let me know if my question is not clear.
Of course it does! B&W film will be around for a long, long time. It will probably outlast color film, but who knows?

Pinhole photography resides happily in the "alternative" family of shootists, and the cameras, the film, all have their manic niche followers. As long as it/they are bought and used, someone will be there to make a buck from it.

Don't sweat it. Enjoy! :)

Not to worry about film and digital. Those of us who are true believers are planning an insurrection. I am planning the Party of film as we speak. A holy war against all things digital.

Of course I will do this by email.

A Jhad if you will against Nikon Canon and all the other infidels. the FIRST battle will open with a very specific small EMP that will target only camera electronics .... (evil smile)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back