Ashley and Brylee's Tea Party

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Actually, this is the first section of a shoot I did with a couple I've been working with for several years now.

I thought a mother/daughter tea party would be fun. We did the shoot early morning on mother's day.

I will be posting later, the rest of the shoot. I thought it made more sense to try to break it up a bit between Mom and daughter, family, and father and daughter. Less photos at one whack as well.

Basically, we set up the shot, and just asked Ashley and Brylee to really have a tea party. We didn't want to coach it. We wanted it to be fun for them.

Hope you like......
This is Ashley in full force. Some of you might remember her as my cartwheeling bride. Very outgoing lady!
ashleyblog01-10_47_56AM.jpg

ashleyblog01.jpg

ashleyblog02-10_48_00AM.jpg

ashleyblog03-10_48_05AM.jpg

ashleyblog04-10_48_09AM.jpg

ashleyblog05-10_48_14AM.jpg

ashleyblog06-10_48_18AM.jpg

ashleyblog08-10_48_28AM.jpg

ashleyblog11-10_48_41AM.jpg

ashleyblog12-10_48_46AM.jpg

ashleyblog13-10_48_50AM.jpg

ashleyblog14-10_48_55AM.jpg

ashleyblog15-10_48_59AM.jpg

ashleyblog16-10_49_04AM.jpg

ashleyblog17-10_49_08AM.jpg

Again, a few different subsections of the 1 hour shoot coming. Hope you like, but I'm open to CC.

Look great to me...could use some tips on getting a small kid to look at you and smile. I'm pretty sure you know which kid I am talking about.

Hot momma. The baby is distracting the view :)

Thanks Kerbouchard ;-)! Actually, it was pretty funny. Mike and Brylee's Daddy were running back and forth behind me, and playing peek-a-boo. I definately had the camera turned the wrong way. LOL. I couldn't see what was happening behind me, but two grown men speaking in baby voices and running around with feather boas must have been pretty funny indeed!

looks like the models were enjoying the shoot and that's a big plus. The shots where you fill the frame are very nice. :thumbup:

Schwettylens,
I know, right? Isn't she the bomb? I've done lots of shoots with her, and she's one of my best clients ever because she have a zillion friends and refers us to all of them.
The coolest part (and hopefully it shows in the photos) is that she is just the nicest person ever. Genuine. And has no idea she is such a beauty. I've recommended her to a few agencies in town, but she doesn't want any part of it. She's like "Whatever silly girl!!!!"

It's funny how some clients just stand out. She's one of them. Just the nicest lady ever. Over the years, she's been like family. She's always sharing photos and gossip, vacation ideas and menu ideas. I just adore her!

I really like the overall feel of this shoot! Very colorful, very adorable. Only problem I'm sensing is the mom's neck is missing in a few of these shots. Very good job! :)

Thanks TrevorIt! I promise they aren't models (I think using models is kinda like cheating.....LOL). But they were having fun. Ashley is nothing BUT fun! And Brylee never once cried and that was a miracle in itself as we shot for 1.5 hours.

Thanks Rausch. I agree. I was letting them play and focusing on the baby (as they are hardest to capture) but I totally see what you are saying.
It was so much fun to shoot.

Cute scene. Cute baby. Cute mom. That all good.

I wish for whatever reason, that the umbrella was facing the other way, as in, hand towards the camera, not away. It a little bit just looks like this odd circle thing up in the empty corner. I think it also fills the negative space a little to well, and is too strong of a eye magnet.

As usual, I feel like the skin is entirely way too plastic. No texture, and not much gradient or micro contrast either. Kinda looks like a mannequin.

Also, mom's body language is kind of hunched and shy looking, and her smile looks a bit hesitant in some of the images.

Good work over all. I'm sure they love them!

Hi General,
Actually, you know I was thinking about the umbrella thing when I was processing the photos. It would have looked more natural turned to the other side.
Can't help the plastic thing. First of all, it's the upload process that does that to that extent, and secondly, that is what my clients choose me for. But we've gone over that a thousand times. I wish I could send every detractor a final print, but I'd be very poor indeed. However, photogs who have seen my showroom photos are always amazed that they are worked, but very natural looking in person. I wish I knew a better way to upload.
As for Mom, I just let it happen as it unfolded. These were not posed shots. But I appreciate what you are saying. Had I posed them though, they would have looked unnatatural IMO. That wasn't what I was going for.
I'm not trying to make excuses.....just giving some detail on why I did it like I did it. Thank you very much for the feedback! Especially about the umbrella thing. That has been bothering me!

Super cute! I would love images of me and my kids like that! Lots of pictures of them . . . none of me and my kids alone. I love them!

Thanks so much twocolor. I'm a huge fan of yours!!!!
I also did some baby alone, daddy and baby, full family. It was a lot of fun!

great shots, good scene...
i agree that the moms skin look a bit overdone...i think that and her eyes and teeth being so white...

looking good overall though!

The ninth shot and the last one are the best but Mom looks like she has no left hand. Crop much, much tighter.

Most reactions

Back