TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did a fun little shoot with Ashley last week, C&C welcome

2j2wxld.jpg

27yabew.jpg

i'm thinking it's the light - but #1 looks awkwardly duckface

She's incredibly beautiful, as is shown in #2. #1 seems to have the problem of shooting to close for the focal length - did I describe this correctly? I'm trying to be delicate.

C&C per req:

1. She's got great hair, but it really needs to be under control. Even when you're shooting the "messy look" you want controlled messy. This looks like the comb & brush were totally forgotten about! WHY shoot landscape orienation and include so much empty space and then crop the top of her head? A portrait orientation would have been much more suitable IMO, and a better, lessy busy and distracting backgorund would have helped as well. Consider the use of a reflector to bring just a little more light into her fac and add some life to her eyes.

2. Much better choice of background, however I'm not a fan of this processing technique. Again, her hair seems out of control, she is suffering badly from raccoon eyes and your choice of crop (top of head & amputated fingers) seems awkward to me.

They're a good start, just a few little details that are between nice and "WOW!".

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

These are all about hair, hair and more hair. All I can think of here is 1980's Europe, BonJovi and head banging. I am sorry!!!!
She needs light into her eyes and I just don't know how you would do it with all of that hair everywhere. It's going to have funky shadows no matter what you do.
Even if the shots were about hair this isn't flattering to her hair. The crazy fly away look makes her ends look split, frizzy and damaged.
I THINK this girl has some amazing green eyes and I'd love to see more that really show them off.

that second shot is just plain awful, look like the curve of this image is all over the place with no contrast, gray all over the place. jesssusssssssssss

that second shot is just plain awful, look like the curve of this image is all over the place with no contrast, gray all over the place. jesssusssssssssss

Plus it has only about one inch of depth of field...the focus seems quite "approximate"...cute girl though, I think.

Keep the background simple and monochromatic and not so busy...you have a cute model to work with so follow the other photographers advise.....shot it over and show the results

Thanks for all your input guys! I'm not going to school for this or anything so this is the most constructive feedback I really ever get. And her hair was EVERYWHERE it was a bit of a nightmare but hopefully this other image saves me butt a little. Haven't checked back here for a while but heres another shot from that shoot:

n4bjsy.jpg

I've also been meaning to make/buy a reflector card, I think it will help me immensely

I like that one best. There may be some that ask for a little more brightness on her face. I think it works with the eyes pulling you in and the background all blurry, nice job.

Left eye is soft for no good reason. Other than that, I like the shot.

You're getting a little bit too close to her in this third photo...that's making her nose look a little bit too large in relation to the rest of her features. I can see that she has a strong nose already, but shooting the photo from so,so close only accentuates that. Still...this third photo shows off her natural beauty quite well. She looks quite nice without any visible makeup, or excessive primping. The green sun dress and her green eyes and that peace sign earring are ALL delightful!

Most reactions

Back