Ashridge Forest

Mohain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gtbphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Managed to get out to Ashridge Forest in Herts for a couple of hours today to get some autumn colours before it's all gone. This is what I got.

autumn_colours.jpg

DSCF0057_2.jpg

autumn_colours2.jpg

chestnuts.jpg

Cheers,

Mohain

#2 is magical. The whole series is so brilliantly colourful. A pleasant contrast to our local grey and white and brown sceme.

All are great!

(a side question: how do you manage to get such colors? post-editing?)

great job mo, these are awsome... 2&3 are as sweet as french connection uk :mrgreen:

Wow!! Truly awesome shots, Mohain. What a beautiful day you had for these pics.

Sorry, when I first looked at this thread, I totally fainted upon viewing your Photos 2 and 3 here and could only just breathe a

"WOW"

before I was "gone" ... but that word (if it is one) did come from my heart! :heart:
Honest!

For 2 and 3 are just such KILLER-photos!

a wonderful series

Hahah LaFoto, you do make me laugh :mrgreen: :blushing: Thanks a lot :hugs:

mitake, I try to get it as near as the final image as I can in camera and finish off in PS (I used to be real lazy and snap away without thinking much about the camera settings assuming I can fix it all in editing, but it pays to get as much right as you can in camera). A lot of the colour comes from setting the 'correct' white balance. I use a Polarizer and 'chrome' setting on the the camera (adds saturation). I didn't want any cool looking shadows (I was getting them at first) so I put a grey card in a shadow area and set the white balance on that. This gave a really warm colour balance, somewhere around 8500k but it suited the pics well. Then in PS I used an orange Photo Filter and a small bump to colour saturation.

Thanks a lot for your great comments, I appreciate them :D

Mohain, thank you for the detailed explanation. BTW my favourite is #1.

this is a great series mo... hard to pick a favorite, but I personally prefer the comp in #1 to #2, really love that shot. the last one is just fantastic. love the detail and the colors you achieved in that shot. well done. :thumbup:

Most reactions

Back