Ashton Kutcher advertising for nikon

i'll never buy nikon because of the endorsements... i'm a pentax guy to be perfectly honest... but i just like a camera by the way it feels. maybe thats why endorsements bother me because they tell me how ro feel

Scary part is there is another thread around here whining about the Avril Lavigne commercial. I disagree fully when people complain about ads. I think as you get wiser you understand the marketing scheme behind ads.

Love & Bass

i'll never buy nikon because of the endorsements... i'm a pentax guy to be perfectly honest... but i just like a camera by the way it feels. maybe thats why endorsements bother me because they tell me how ro feel

I'll never buy a camera because of the way it feels. Performance is the most important thing in my book...

...and celebrity endorsements. If only MR.T would have been in an ad for the 5D MKII then I wouldn't have waited so long to get one.

It doesn't really bother me, but I first really started Nikon commercials since he started appearing in them. I don't know if it's because Nikon didn't advertise that much or because they're advertising more or sometihng else.

I realize we are all above falling for cheap marketing ploys and endorsments in anything we buy (anyone ever buy Nike because of Jordan, Woods, Ronaldinho, etc. or Canon because of Agassi? or vote for a particular party/cause due to celeb endorsement? Yeah, I didn't think so) but we must also realize not everyone is as astute as we are. God forbid Nikon actually try a proven marketing technique to capture new customers and increase their business......

Nikon Hire Ashton Kutcher.
Based on his ads a lot of people go out and buy Nikons for Christmas.
Nikon make a lot of money.
The camera stores make lots of money.
Nikon use their revenue to develop new cameras and lenses.
The camera stores are still in business to sell these new products.

I fail to see any downside to this at all.

I only buy cameras that my bro' Ashton recommends... lol.

Doesn't bug me one bit. It is marketing. Anyone that buys something after looking at a commercial and nothing more is not very intelligent... let's leave it at that.

I don't buy stuff because of commercials.

I do like the Canon one that starts with Pee-wee football and moves up to Pro NFL pictures.... but I like football so...

people who know cams and have the knowlwdge about cams will always buy what suits their requirements ..no any actor will force or influence any true photographer/shutterbug

The sound of the camera alone when he fires off that burst is enough to make me want one! That was like a symphony. LOL

Did anyone else notice how SWEET that bag of goodies was? They should put a bag like that together and hold a raffle.. $10 a ticket. Now there's a revenue stream!

Nikon Hire Ashton Kutcher.
Based on his ads a lot of people go out and buy Nikons for Christmas.
Nikon make a lot of money.
The camera stores make lots of money.
Nikon use their revenue to develop new cameras and lenses.
The camera stores are still in business to sell these new products.

I fail to see any downside to this at all.

My thoughts as well. Nikon will make money off of this and reinvest in their equipment technology. Whats the harm in that? The only issue is that you will have a bunch more people running around with dSLRs taking pictures and thinking they are photographers. What others do on their time is their business, so whatever.

They are a company and they need to make money. I'm not sure having some highly known (in photography circles) photographer pitch a camera would generate the same amount of revenue

Anna may be hot, but should stick with tennis.

She wasn't even good at that. Her best talents are to shut up and look pretty.

But back on point, I wonder if people who buy Nikons feel punked? ;)

I think it is Maria Sharapova in those commercials...and she is good. Anna not so much.

Yeah, Sharipova made it a point that she wasn't Kornikova. She actually tried to do well in tennis. I don't remember how good she was, but she was much more respectable.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back