Asian Bridal

FKP007

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot for business Jewels & Gems as part of a 4 look set. This was look 2 of 4.
Strobist:
Elinchrom deep octa camera right key
White reflector camera left fill
5Dmk3 70-200 2.8L 1/160 f8 iso100
p1464073201-4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Very nice.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I understand the culture thing but could do without the nose ring. Other than that, she is quite stunning in the second pic.

How does she stand that thing hanging off her nose, it would drive me nuts!:aiwebs_016: But that has nothing with the photos. :)

The photos are wonderful! But (isn't there always a "But" ;) ) her face is over processed for me, is makes her look plastic. I am someone who doesn't care for heavier processing, so don't read into my reply too much. :)

The photos look very professional and she's a good looking model but jeez that nose ring looks really stupid.

Wonder what it would have looked like through her eyebrow?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Very nice!

:icon_scratch: I like the nose ring.. What's not to like? It fits the outfit and jewelry well, IMo. If anything, maybe a bit more ornate of a piece?

The nose ring is a traditional item of jewellery, some you may find it "stupid" but the same could be said for those that have permanent tattoos on their bodies, lip and tounge piercings etc. This item is worn for one day (generally only for photos) and then never worn again and not everyone bothers with it. Also very rarely is it a real piercing rather a clip on thing and it's not heavy in the slightest. [emoji58]

"This item is worn for one day (generally only for photos)..." Well that's a relief. Ok I suppose it has to be there to meet the requirement of traditional dress. I am completely in agreement with the first part of your paragraph.

"This item is worn for one day (generally only for photos)..." Well that's a relief. Ok I suppose it has to be there to meet the requirement of traditional dress. I am completely in agreement with the first part of your paragraph.
It doesn't "have" to be there, it's chosen by the bride, some don't bother with any of it and go very simple whereas others love to be draped in gold and jewels. This wasn't a real bride just a model showcasing some contemporary pieces with traditional elements. I think it looks wonderful and reminds me of the mughal princesses of old times but that's just my opinion of course. Differences in cultural dress are not always seen by some in the same way.

It doesn't "have" to be there, it's chosen by the bride, some don't bother with any of it and go very simple whereas others love to be draped in gold and jewels. This wasn't a real bride just a model showcasing some contemporary pieces with traditional elements. I think it looks wonderful and reminds me of the mughal princesses of old times but that's just my opinion of course. Differences in cultural dress are not always seen by some in the same way.

a bit speechless by the reactions... For me, the face is a bit oversmoothed, but that seems to be the norm for these kinds of shots. OTOH, particularly in the tight shot, there seems to be quite a bit more cleavage than you would normally see for East Indian dress. Otherwise, the jewelry, the model and the photography are lovely.

I agree about the "over smooth" processing but it shows off the jewelry

I see plenty of skin texture, so to me it doesn't look over-processed. It looks like the makeup artist did a really good job, and your lighting and retouching really brought it to the next level.

I see plenty of skin texture, so to me it doesn't look over-processed. It looks like the makeup artist did a really good job, and your lighting and retouching really brought it to the next level.
The makeup like I mentioned is just very very heavy which is the norm for this kind of shot. Strong contouring and solid application. The models skin was the best I've ever shot, literally perfect. The slightest dodge and burn was all that was needed along with some colour correction eye clean up etc. Again, skin pores and texture are all there, no blurred mess and no skin smoothing through smart or surface blur applications have been done. It's just clean dodge and burn all the way with some slight frequency separation.

Of course this kind of makeup application and style may be too much for many as it seems by the comments but note, this was a client job and they were very specific about what they wanted. They're happy and so am I. Thanks all

The makeup like I mentioned is just very very heavy which is the norm for this kind of shot. Strong contouring and solid application. The models skin was the best I've ever shot, literally perfect. The slightest dodge and burn was all that was needed along with some colour correction eye clean up etc. Again, skin pores and texture are all there, no blurred mess and no skin smoothing through smart or surface blur applications have been done. It's just clean dodge and burn all the way with some slight frequency separation.

Of course this kind of makeup application and style may be too much for many as it seems by the comments but note, this was a client job and they were very specific about what they wanted. They're happy and so am I. Thanks all

Some people here expect us to remove every pore and even moles, while others think any sort of retouching is a taboo.

Your photos are exquisite; please keep posting more here.

Most reactions

Back